PFF: Top 10 CBs Set to Hit FA

Jonboy

Definitely some intriguing options. With our cap space, I see no reason why we would not get 1 of Gilmore, Johnson, Bouye, Ryan, or Kirkpatrick. Unless 3 of the 5 are tagged. 

Edit: You can probably remove Kirkpatrick and Johnson from this list. According to the article they both are not very good tacklers. After watching Cox whiff on tackle after tackle last year, I'm sure tackling corners will be a prerequisite this year.

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

They aren't going to find a superstar CB in free agency. The good news is that there are plenty of good ones and they will all be upgrades over what we had. The bad news is that we will overpay to get one, but that's free agency for you. 

The price tag for good, solid corners is insane. Guys like Gilmore are going to get $12 mil +. This is why I'm kind of leaning towards focusing on WR in FA & drafting Lattimore. 

Then again the FA WR's are going to get big time money as well, and guys like Alshon & DJax certainly come with their own risks.

Also, I get PFF ranking Gilmore over Bouye due to him having multiple years of production, but I'd much rather have Bouye. I've never been crazy about Gilmore, he's more of a 1B corner to me & never had a year like Bouye did last year. I'd rather take the risk that Bouye is a one year wonder then give a huge deal to a solid but not especially impactful corner.

I may wind up wrong but Bouye played too good last year to think he's a one year wonder. He was a total stud.

He was also playing behind a great front 7.  Not sold on any of these corners to be honest but I think several of them will be solid and that will be an upgrade over anything we currently have.  Can't rely on a rookie, especially if they want to give Sims a chance to compete on the other side.  They NEED a veteran quality CB in the worst way.  

7 hours ago, Face said:

Also, I get PFF ranking Gilmore over Bouye due to him having multiple years of production, but I'd much rather have Bouye. I've never been crazy about Gilmore, he's more of a 1B corner to me & never had a year like Bouye did last year. I'd rather take the risk that Bouye is a one year wonder then give a huge deal to a solid but not especially impactful corner.

I may wind up wrong but Bouye played too good last year to think he's a one year wonder. He was a total stud.

Idk. I like Bouye but part of me WONDERS if there is a sense of "sign him" to throw a finger at Houston. Then again the dude is really good and had continually improved and broke out this year. 

I take Gilmore. He's a true #1 has had multiple years of #1 production and is just hitting his prime. He wasn't the only guy to start slow on that defense this year and he finished in a big way. 

Hes a top 10 CB imo

Archived