Couple burning questions

kyle021

1) Is it playoff or bust for Mularkey?

2) Will Sharpe improve on beating press and man coverage and grow into a legit outside option or is he better served as a backup outside or starter in the slot?

3) Do we have a true RB competition with Henry vs Murray?

4) Will Matthews continue to grow into a #1 WR or did we witness his curling and can we expect this quality of play next year?

5) Will Byard take the jump as a turnover machine and center fielder he was drafted to be this year instead of being used as a blitzing S with run duties?

6) Is Casey starting to decline or was he just facing a ton of double teams?

7) Does Sims truly have the ability to be a pure #2 CB?

8) Should we retain Mccourty as insurance at outside CB and backup FS? Or starting FS with Byard starting SS?

I'll play:

No

2) Will Sharpe improve on beating press and man coverage and grow into a legit outside option or is he better served as a backup outside or starter in the slot?

No he is going to be a solid 3/4 guy.

No Murray will start with most reps again.

4) Will Matthews continue to grow into a #1 WR or did we witness his curling and can we expect this quality of play next year?

Solid #2 for me

5) Will Byard take the jump as a turnover machine and center fielder he was drafted to be this year instead of being used as a blitzing S with run duties?

Yes I could see a pro bowl season next year for him.

A serious worry.

No camp fodder, expect Jrob to bring on 3 solid CB's this offseason.

8) Should we retain Mccourty as insurance at outside CB and backup FS? Or starting FS with Byard starting SS?

Retain him and Blake. Maybe a mid season cut if he carries on like he has been

35 minutes ago, Kirkster said:
I'll play:

No

No he is going to be a solid 3/4 guy.

No Murray will start with most reps again.

Solid #2 for me

Yes I could see a pro bowl season next year for him.

A serious worry.

No camp fodder, expect Jrob to bring on 3 solid CB's this offseason.

Retain him and Blake. Maybe a mid season cut if he carries on like he has been

Agree with you on Sims. I don't believe in him.

no

yes and maybe but not yet

we should but we wont. Henry will get more PT as murray gets injured

no, he's as good as he'll get for us. maybe stronger start to the year. 

he'll get better. 

nothing wrong with casey. just a scheme fit limits him some but he's still a beast. 

not really

yes and yes we should but we wont move him. 

3 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

1) Hell no, he has 2 more years on his contract, plus J-Rob will get us to the playoffs

2) Yes he'll get better. Not a backup. Too much talent

3) No competition, probably in the draft or FA

4) Matthews will never be a #1 WR, he will be a great complement to the team and Mariota's growth.

5) Yes

6) No decline.

7) Yes

8) No, McCourty needs to go.

16 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

1) Is it playoff or bust for Mularkey?  NO.  This team is rebuilding.  The key is progress in developing Mariota and the offense.

2) Will Sharpe improve on beating press and man coverage and grow into a legit outside option or is he better served as a backup outside or starter in the slot? I see him improving, where he will fit I don't know.

3) Do we have a true RB competition with Henry vs Murray? No.  

4) Will Matthews continue to grow into a #1 WR or did we witness his curling and can we expect this quality of play next year?  No, about the same.

5) Will Byard take the jump as a turnover machine and center fielder he was drafted to be this year instead of being used as a blitzing S with run duties?  Yep.  I see him advancing as the game will have slowed down.

6) Is Casey starting to decline or was he just facing a ton of double teams?  Casey still has it.

7) Does Sims truly have the ability to be a pure #2 CB? IDK

8) Should we retain Mccourty as insurance at outside CB and backup FS? Or starting FS with Byard starting SS? That's a tough one.  Hard to move Byard to keep McCourty.  

Good Post!!

12 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I laugh every time someone says Casey wasn't excellent this year 

I was gonna say, where is this coming from? Casey was typical Casey this year. He did have a down game or two the last month when he was injured, but then he bounced back & closed the season out very strong. He slaughtered the Texans in particular.

15 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Agree with you on Sims. I don't believe in him.

Some of the reports I read on Sims last year after we picked him said he would probably be better off at FS, because of his hips. They loved his size & speed but felt his hips were too stiff to play corner in the pros. The book is out I guess.

51 minutes ago, Face said:

I was gonna say, where is this coming from? Casey was typical Casey this year. He did have a down game or two the last month when he was injured, but then he bounced back & closed the season out very strong. He slaughtered the Texans in particular.

Stat driven fans that fail to realize he and occasionally Klug are the only two guys on the d-line capable of getting pressure on any consistent basis, so he receives a ton of attention. It did allow for Orakpo and Morgan to have solid seasons.

21 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

1) Is it playoff or bust for Mularkey? Nope not even close.

2) Will Sharpe improve on beating press and man coverage and grow into a legit outside option or is he better served as a backup outside or starter in the slot? I seeing him improving somewhat.  How can he not when he works that hard?

3) Do we have a true RB competition with Henry vs Murray?  Not if Mularkey has anything to say about it.  Watch Henry get frustrated at not getting enough carries.

4) Will Matthews continue to grow into a #1 WR or did we witness his curling and can we expect this quality of play next year?  Nope, he has topped his potential.

5) Will Byard take the jump as a turnover machine and center fielder he was drafted to be this year instead of being used as a blitzing S with run duties? No

6) Is Casey starting to decline or was he just facing a ton of double teams? No

7) Does Sims truly have the ability to be a pure #2 CB? No

8) Should we retain Mccourty as insurance at outside CB and backup FS? Or starting FS with Byard starting SS? No, get rid of the guy.

Archived