Jim Wyatt takes Mike Williams at pick 5 in a media writers mock draft

AussieTitanFan08

5.TITANS: WR Mike Williams, Clemson; Jim Wyatt, titansonline.com - The early guess is receiver. They need to give quarterback Marcus Mariota a No. 1 and Williams gives him a big, physical playmaker down field.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Never-too-early-to-mock/73368b90-4e60-430e-b1c5-cb234ea645e6

does it mean we will take a WR when late april rolls around, no one really knows yet, but what it does highlight is Wyatt's current belief that WR is where we are going with our first pick.

plenty of things can change over the next 70 days, but its interesting he went WR when the clear major need on the roster is CB.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OR ... <Wyatt knocking on JRob's door finding him talking with Malarkey> Jrob: Hey, Tim come on in.  Its Jim Whatever I have to write an article on who we're taking at 5

Comments like this bring me back to the whole board wanting to pass on Mariota and roll with Mett 

Davis is the bestest receiver in the draft.

7 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Wasn't Jim also the one not wanting Mariota?

no writers wanted him. 

leads me to believe webster didnt want him either but was forced to pick him. 

Most here wanted to trade back and get a ransom and roll with Mett. The leonard williams train was stupid when compared to getting 2 extra first rounders and 3-4 other first 4 round picks or mariota. 

Edited by titanruss

5 minutes ago, titanruss said:

no writers wanted him. 

leads me to believe webster didnt want him either but was forced to pick him. 

Most here wanted to trade back and get a ransom and roll with Mett. The leonard williams train was stupid when compared to getting 2 extra first rounders and 3-4 other first 4 round picks or mariota. 

I too would've picked Leonard Williams if that also led to getting extra draft picks.

17 minutes ago, 8MM said:

I too would've picked Leonard Williams if that also led to getting extra draft picks.

well yeah.. but the leonard williams bit involved only getting williams. williams vs draft picks seemed like an easy choice for the draft picks to me. 

the only reason i picked draft picks and mett vs mariota was i believed mett showed promise under shitty circumstances. in reality i didnt dive into it enough to realize he showed promise because he was throwing against prevent 85% of the time. 

was always a fan of marcus and leading up to his playoffs and bowl games i just remember thinking it'd be cool if we got him and that draftnicks were way underrating his play. wasnt sure the full transition to the pros, but i could tell he was cool and calm and smart and accurate... and athletic. 

1 hour ago, Dmeade- said:

Comments like this bring me back to the whole board wanting to pass on Mariota and roll with Mett :4_joy::4_joy:

Or when we should draft a QB with one of our 1st rounders bc of house money and MM might never walk again!

8 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Davis is the bestest receiver in the draft.

And its not even close.  Granted, Mike Williams is good at what he does, but he creates zero separation. Davis has the same size, but has some serious wheels. He looks like he would run a 4.4 too bad we won't get to see that.

10 minutes ago, Stan17 said:

And its not even close.  Granted, Mike Williams is good at what he does, but he creates zero separation. Davis has the same size, but has some serious wheels. He looks like he would run a 4.4 too bad we won't get to see that.

Not even close lol. Davis and Williams are very similar prospects.

More excellent analysis from Stan on Mariota:

On 3/16/2015 at 1:42 PM, Stan said:

No I don't wanna a beaner quarterback

51 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

Not even close lol. Davis and Williams are very similar prospects.

More excellent analysis from Stan on Mariota:

Cause this has so much to do with Mariota. And I was probably drunk at the time I said something as immature as that.  I didn't want Mariota at first, wasn't a fan of either him nor Winston.  

"Let's just attack people cause they don't agree with me" Dmeade-