Mid Day 180 Matt Miller Interview

BeedoeLaw

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Davis is the only WR I'm ok with taking at 5. Even then I'd still rather have an elite defender....but damn Davis looks good.

I think it's really simple. The drop off by skipping one of Davis or Williams to the next guy (Ross) is way bigger than the drop off from the top defender at 5 than to the defenders that would be

Said it in the OT, but I'll post it here too: When you keep seeing draftniks say "one of the best route runners," your J-Rob/Mularkey spidey sense should be going off.

Titans can definitely get a good offensive weapon if they choose to go in that direction...and there's no doubt some excellent WR and TE prospects will be there for the taking.

But winning the division needs to be this team's #1 focus.  And in this division,  adding two top defensive prospects is the quickest way to get them there.

1 hour ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Thanks man. My bad.

Check out @titansfilmroom's Tweet:

It's bleacher report, so take it for what it's worth.

Breer reported they aren't likely to tag him, but want a long-term deal done before FA.

13 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Breer reported they aren't likely to tag him, but want a long-term deal done before FA.

That makes it a little different. I don't know how I actually feel about him. If we were to sign him I would not want to have to depend on him. I would still want Davisome, even though he isn't a proven NFL product either.

18 minutes ago, Omar said:

If Jrob thinks Williams or Davis has a chance to be elite..he really needs to grab whichever one.

May be the last chance for a while to get Mariota that elite WR..

If JR thinks either guy is a #1 WR, I can see why it'd be tempting. MM and Davis/Williams could be a combo together for a very long time considering their ages 

Let's not forget JR grew up a Titans fan and saw the Titans not always do a great job putting pieces around their QB. I think JR is committed to maximizing Mariota and putting the pieces around him for him to be an elite QB in the future.

Edited by socaltitan

6 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I worry about taking a guy like McCaffrey. I want players who fit clear roles.

McCaffrey is a stud three down RB. Reminds me a ton of Freeman

Mccaffrey also is a very good receiver and runs very good routes out of the backfield. He played in the slot at times too. 

With his size 6' 200lb and speed in the 4.4 range he can be a three down RB perfect for a lot of teams and would actually fit NE perfect giving them one RB who does the job of the three they use 

He also comes from Ed McCaffrey who was a stud WR for elway and there is a reason why Christian is such a good receiver. 

He can be a dynamic slot WR day one and stud return man if that's what his team wants

he can also be an every down RB if that's what a team wants

he actually is the definition of the player mm covets. 

17 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Ask the simple question.  Who is going to impact the point differential the most.  A #1 WR or a S or CB?  The way I see it the WR is by far the more impactful player.  Not only is he going to get his catches, yards, 1st downs and TDs he opens the field for othe guys that aren't bad either like our RBs, TE and Matthews.  I can literally see a 6 pt advantage with a true #1 guy like Davis or Williams.  It even helps Mariota stay healthy because he can get the ball out sooner.  We help the defense because our 3rd down % is higher and we get better field position.  It really isn't close unless you are arguing between an elite WR and an elite edge rusher. 

I've also argued this before but guys like Andre Johnson get picked early and are part of that team for a decade.  A face of the franchise.  WRs can play into their 30s.  Look at Julio Jones and his impact with the Falcons.  It can be done without a stud WR but it is sure easier with one.  And Davis does look good and I'm a big fan of Williams.  IMO the difference between those two guys and everyone else at WR is significant.  And we can still get a CB at #18 who is darn good.  I woudln't even mind taking Davis/Williams and OJ if we address CB and S in FA.  I'd predict we are in the SB in 3-4 years and OJ, Davis/Williams and Henry are one awesome group for Mariota.

A plan for success. 

I'd still be stunned if Allen drops to us & we pass. He & Casey would be devastating next to each other.

After that one of the WR's certainly could be the pick at 5. 

I think it's pretty simple. We'll either sign a big time WR or corner in FA & we'll pick Lattimore or the 2 safeties if we go WR or vice versa.

Right now, assuming Allen isn't there, my favorite is Lattimore but I am tempted with pairing Marcus up with a star WR & Davis just sounds like such a great bet. We're really close to having a 30 point a game offense, basically an X WR.