Something I think we've forgotten too quickly

Face

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

That's what I'm hoping for. Get someone who can step in and be a CB1 now. I'd rather have a CB with some experience like a T Johnson, Bouye, or Gilmore who's already shown he can be a CB1 for us then count on a rookie to do that

I can't think of many rookie CB in recent memory who stepped in from day 1 and was an immediate CB1 lockdown stud. Usually it takes a few years. Guys like Bouye and Josh Norman took time to develop.

Peters

Darby

generally one ever year

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CB is a much bigger need than S, but if they feel Hooker/Adams have elite ability, you don't force a CB who doesn't. 

I bet the Titans will sign some notable defensive backs in free agency, and I'd venture to guess by the time draft time rolls around, the secondary won't be as much of a glaring weakness. 

Oh I haven't forgotten. I just think that corner is so deep in the draft this year a lot of people aren't expecting us to take one in the first round. hence why the discussion is on other positions th

The combine will be big for Lattimore. Anything in the 4.4's and his spot as a top 5 CB will be pretty set in the minds of many evaluators. I'm not sure I'd spend 5 on him myself but he's very good and I could understand if someone jumps on him that high.

5 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

This draft is deep for CB but it is no ttop heavy. Most of the round one guys all have similiar grades 12-25

I got at least 15 guys with no lower then a third round grade.

Edited by Huston

37 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

For a CB to go that high I think they have to be sub 4.4.  Lattimore has the chance to do it but his hips are a bit stiff and that is why I am not thinking he is  a top 5 CB

False. Jalen Ramsey went #5 overall last year and ran 4.41 at the combine.

4 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

Where and what we do in draft is 100% predicated on who we sign before the draft.  

What????

Anyway, I'm still not convinced Lattimore is value at 5th overall. But he's really good, so if our GM disagrees, I'm fine with the pick :) 

Oh, I haven't forgotten.  I've wanted two DB's in the first round for a while, but I can't see it.  Esp with the need for a true #1 receiver.  I definitely want to see two new guys starting at corner, and sift out some of the garbage.

There still are just too many holes for the picks we have, but we're getting there.

Of course there's some factors to consider, like FA & the depth at corner in the draft. Obviously if we sign AJ Bouye we will most likely look elsewhere at 5. That said, Bouye is the only corner I can see us handing a big check to. It's a very expensive position to fill & I just can't see JRob stomaching giving a guy like Gilmore, more of a 1B type corner, $12 mil a year. I think Logan Ryan is a possibility if he isn't too expensive but in that case I still think Lattimore will be in play.

The bottom line is corner is an uber expensive position to fill, a position of huge need, with a tremendous prospect possibly available to us at 5. I think Lattimore has to be the favorite right now.