2017 Draft Profile: Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Jonboy

You could trade down several spots from 18 to somewhere in the 20's and get a 2nd rounder, and still probably use that 2nd round pick to get Peppers.   He may go in the late first round because it only takes one team to take a chance on him, and his potential is tantilizing.   His true position is unclear still, and his production in college was questionable on defense.   1 Int, and only 1 passes defense in 2016?   That is alarming.   It's not like teams were avoiding him completely.   He struggles in pass coverage, although he has the athletic ability, hipturn, speed and agility to be a good cover guy at safety, but he isn't very good yet.   This is a fair article on him IMO.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786691/article/the-book-on-jabrill-peppers-scouting-polarizing-michigan-star

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After doing this additional research, I'm convinced: LeBeau is salivating to draft this guy. 

Interesting note on Adams... Last year, we saw Jalen Ramsey come into the combine with safety size and then test like a cornerback. This year, Jamal Adams figures to do exactly the same. Listed a

JAMAL ADAMS, S, LSU 6'1, 213 lbs, Junior Round Projection: 1st Stats 2016- 76 tackles, 7.5 for loss, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1FR, 4 PD 2015- 67 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 0 sack

I think he is the best S prospect since Sean Taylor.  His tape is absolutely nuts considering how he was used.  33 and 49 for LSU are top 3 picks on Defense in my opinion.  7 is the best offense player in this draft too.  

2 hours ago, Harvey_Specter said:

You could trade down several spots from 18 to somewhere in the 20's and get a 2nd rounder, and still probably use that 2nd round pick to get Peppers.   He may go in the late first round because it only takes one team to take a chance on him, and his potential is tantilizing.   His true position is unclear still, and his production in college was questionable on defense.   1 Int, and only 1 passes defense in 2016?   That is alarming.   It's not like teams were avoiding him completely.   He struggles in pass coverage, although he has the athletic ability, hipturn, speed and agility to be a good cover guy at safety, but he isn't very good yet.   This is a fair article on him IMO.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786691/article/the-book-on-jabrill-peppers-scouting-polarizing-michigan-star

Which team are we trading with in the 20s and also getting a 2nd rounder we can get some talent from. Even in ridiculously deep drafts, you still see a huge drop off by the middle of the 2nd.

If we drop back and get an extremely worthwhile 2nd, it will be from the 5 pick.

9 minutes ago, efus50 said:

We need elite players more than numbers of players.  Pick at 5 unless someone is offering an unbelievable amount of picks.

I generally feel like its the elite players that separate the teams that are the top teams from the middle of the pack. Tom Brady in this's year SB. Last year Von Miller. Guys like Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas. A lot of teams have good rosters, but you need those impact guys that will make the difference.

33 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

After listening to the draft guy on 104.5 on Adams I'm all in on him, assuming he's even there at 5

Trevor Matich was on 102.5 The Game yesterday and he was saying Adams looks great flying all over the field  but does he really impact the game enough to be a top 5 pick.

his final CFB season 

12 games

1 INT

1 FF

1 FR 

7.5 TFL

1 sack

76 TKL's

for those willing to crucify Ramsey last season for lack of game changing plays, the same can be said for Adams.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Trevor Matich was on 102.5 The Game yesterday and he was saying Adams looks great flying all over the field  but does he really impact the game enough to be a top 5 pick.

It seems to me, and most he does

I am not sold on Garrett.......look where his sacks came from......50% from crap competition.  In the SEC he was ordinary.  He had 8.5 sacks this yr and 4.5 came against a level two school.  Against ALA and LSU he was demolished.  His game this yr against LSU is gonna hurt him.  I just do not see it with him.........Not a fan.