How good can/will Julio Jones be?

NashvilleNinja

I don't think there's any question that he stands head and shoulders above every other receiver in the league, including Antonio Brown. If it weren't for his persistent injury problems I would think he could challenge some of Rice's records. He's every bit as physically gifted as Randy Moss was and just as prolific at destroying defenses 

I know the rules favor offenses now, so there will always be that argument in Rice's corner, but you think Jones is potential goat material?

It depends if you are basing it on stats or just pure ability...

Stats wise, he would need to have 10 seasons with;

105 Receptions

1,528 Yards

15 Touchdowns

I don't see that happening. 

Now, just pure ability/talent wise, he's probably better than Jerry there. But, in order to be the goat, you need to be the best over a long period of time. Winning a couple of Superbowls helps as well.

One down year and we all forgot just how badly Deandre Hopkins can dominate the best DBs in the league, tsk tsk. Also while he's less fast/versatile, Mike Evans was the most dominant receiver in the league this year.There aren't many guys more gifted than Julio but injuries have prevented him from making the most of that talent.

So many talented WRs in the league right now. None of them compare to Jerry though. Julios lack of tds have to do with his skill set. He's a big long strider. Once you get him in the redzone you can contain him. They've never really used him as a jump ball WR like Moss was. People forget how great Moss really was. If I had to choose a WR playing today I'm taking OBJs ability. I hate his drama but on a pure talent basis I'll take him any day. I don't think any WR has his numbers in the first 3 years of his career. There isn't a CB in the league that can cover him one on one.