Can we put all this draft crap in the draft forum?

Opus74

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What would we talk about between now and summer if not the draft? I mean, how many times and ways can we discuss whether or not we'll pay out for Eric Berry or Stephon Gilmore, or if we should fill th

Welcome to the offseason.

Personally, I'm not a huge draft geek and I couldn't care less about mock drafts.  

However, I seem to recall an offseason a few years ago where mock drafts and discussions about draft prospects were more or less discouraged in the main forum and steered to the draft forum instead....and both forums suffered, IMO.  

Since the draft was the only thing anyone was talking about, the main forum slowed to a crawl with only a small handful of new threads each week.   The draft forum was more lively than the main forum...but it was still slower than one would have expected, probably because a lot of less frequent posters either weren't aware of the draft forum or didn't think to check it.

I agree that draft talk during the season should be relegated to the draft forum.  But during the offseason, draft talk probably accounts for 90% of the forum's traffic...why not let the main page reflect what everyone is already talking about?

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

But you are also talking free agents cuts and resignings. That has nothing to do with the draft. 

I admit that its splitting hairs at this point, but It does have to do with the mock draft somewhat. The offseason signings and cuts are often used to describe why certain players were picked in the mock draft. 

4 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Football league-wide is still going on and yet the biggest discussion for what is being brought up is how Tomlin/McCarthy are coaches in the NFL, other than that it is just snippets of information that really isn't worthy of too much discussion.

This is probably what bothers me the most. 

If people want to put draft talk, etc. in the main forum during the actual OFF SEASON then it's not as big of a deal to me. 

But at this point, the NFL season isn't over and I would much prefer not having to weed through all the way too early hypothetical draft crap when trying to discuss actual football still being played.

At least wait until after the Super Bowl and perhaps until the week free agency begins to start allowing that stuff in the main forum.

47 minutes ago, abenjami said:

This is probably what bothers me the most. 

If people want to put draft talk, etc. in the main forum during the actual OFF SEASON then it's not as big of a deal to me. 

But at this point, the NFL season isn't over and I would much prefer not having to weed through all the way too early hypothetical draft crap when trying to discuss actual football still being played.

At least wait until after the Super Bowl and perhaps until the week free agency begins to start allowing that stuff in the main forum.

I could certainly buy that. 

I had suggested expanding the "DRAFT" sub-forum to a "ROSTER" sub-forum which would include the draft, the free agency period and trade proposals... whatever. That would leave the main forum for football the sport. That would make it so much easier to go find things that interest you-- which is the purpose of any kind of navigational organization.

15 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

if you want to be technical, this board is for NFL and Titans talk. Which includes everything from draft, fa, trades etc. 

If you really want to get technical, this board is for NFL and Titans Talk. That talk is divided into 6 Subforums: Titans and NFL Talk, NFL Draft Forum, Fantasy Football, College Football, Other Sports, and Off Topic Forum. This helps to organize the topics into relevant categories in order to provide a more efficient and overall enjoyable user experience.