Cap Space For Each NFL Team

MIKE75

6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I know a good portion of that has probably been earmarked for re-upping our own guys and I'm sure they're planning for Mariota's 2nd contract, but we do need to make a big FA impact on defense.

We can front load contracts for top dollar FAs so in 2-5 years we still have the money to extend our guys. Oakland did this last year because they knew they were going to have to pay Mack, Carr, and Cooper. 

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

We have 70 million 

That doesn't mean that we really have $70M to spend.

One of the rumors is that the Titans/Adams family has a cash problem which has us on a much tighter budget than the cap numbers would indicate.

Just now, Opus74 said:

One of the rumors is that the Titans/Adams family has a cash problem which has us on a much tighter budget than the cap numbers would indicate.

What kinda team spends all their cap? that's just dumb. 

Until we hear AAS needs a loan by using her husbands name to sign a player we are fine.  I honestly think the Titans are fine with cash flow like every NFL team.

38 minutes ago, Opus74 said:

Does no one understand a cash problem when you have a billion dollar evaluation. Most businesses have to operate off of credit. The value of an nfl franchise is not operating cash. It's appreciation of the business.  Cash is not a problem for any nfl team because any bank will loan them money. 

I remember the carry over mechanism coming into play without fanfare after a owners meeting one off season. It's really made managing the cap so trivial. It is still effective as a parity measure to an extent but the nfl has really tried to eliminate cap hell.