Citing grizzlies, education nominee says states should determine school gun policies

OILERMAN

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is a billionaire who has donated 200M plus to charter school lobbyists and Republicans running for congress.  4 members of Congress involved in the hearings took campaign donations from her which

He's nominating so many people that've been working to destroy the very agency they'll be in charge of that it's not really funny.

There's an old saying that first rate people hire first rate people and second rate people hire third rate people. The Trump administration will be a textbook example. 

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Yup.

If whiteys  out there picking lettuce price gonna double. Half the lettuce will be picked with whiny ass whites talking bout "do I get a break, I need water, waaaah I can't work 36 hours in a row waaah"

20 minutes ago, 52O said:

If whiteys  out there picking lettuce price gonna double. Half the lettuce will be picked with whiny ass whites talking bout "do I get a break, I need water, waaaah I can't work 36 hours in a row waaah"

On 1/19/2017 at 3:16 PM, 9 Nines said:

The bear comment was silly but what was not brought out during the hearings is how poorly Michigan's education system is doing under her.

In her position, she controls all education legislation in Michigan.  Pretty much nothing could be done education-wise without her approval and leadership. 

During her tenure, Michigan's educational testing showed it went from middle of the pack (25th) to one of the worst states in the nation (47th.)  For-profit, as opposed to not-for-profit, charter schools exploded in Michigan.  Michigan has a higher percentage of its schools as for-profit charter schools than any other state.

Michigan, with all its budget problems, is feeding money into schools run for profit, while seeing its education system fall from average to one of the worst in the nation.

Basically for an NFL analogy, this would be like an NFL team hiring some head coach who has one of the worst records in the league and while amassing one of the worst records in the league,  ballooned his other team's payroll beyond the salary cap while fielding some of the worst players in the league. 

You mean she's like the Whiz / Webster of education policy?