Jonboy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen to me, they are not going WR at 5.

Davis is the most productive WR all-time in terms of pure numbers (seriously, he set a college record). He fits the JRob mold perfectly in that he has excellent production, is a great route runner, an

I'd be shocked if Corey Davis makes it to #18. 

Their "latest" still lists the SAN DIEGO Chargers?! If it falls this way, trade back!

Carolina at 1-8 and they could get Fournette; Panthers are my #2 team since I'm in NC.

At 1-8 we would have one of the top two WRS or Safeties or ILB Foster or EDGE like Barnett and pick up extra picks.

33 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Love Lattimore at #18. Would rather have Davis if they go WR at #5.

It's funny how we can all differ from time to time. To me, the only WR I think you can consider at #5 is Williams. That being said, I am hopeful we are talking about a new MLB or S after the 5th pick.

And this is what I equate the WR situation to as far as the prospects: In 2015, Amari Cooper came into the Draft from a winning team and after posting excellent numbers. Kevin White also came into that Draft and had burst onto the scene after having a terrific final season at WV and good seasons prior. Some people rated White higher than Cooper. The Raiders were smart enough to see how Cooper performed in big games and to see a much more consistent resume. White was like a flavor of the month with more wow skills. While White has not seen the field due to injury, I think Cooper would still clearly be more talented.

Thats how I feel about Williams vs Ross or Davis IF we are taking about pick #5.

Edited by AvgJoe

29 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I'd be shocked if Corey Davis makes it to #18. 

Agreed. If we want Williams or Davis, we're very likely going to have pick in the top 10.

Eagles at 15 desperately need WR. I think the Ravens at 16 could look at WR with Smith retiring. Wallace might not be back either and is aging. ARI at 13 is another possibility. Fitz may or may not be retiring. Either way, he's probably not going to be playing much longer. Floyd is gone and Brown had a bad year will be an UFA after next season, so they may look to restock at WR.

12 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Davis is the most productive WR all-time in terms of pure numbers (seriously, he set a college record). He fits the JRob mold perfectly in that he has excellent production, is a great route runner, and can play in the slot or out wide. He's also known as a guy who constantly stays after practice and spends hours in the film room. 

Damn, maybe I need to do more research. 

Williams and Lattimore are home runs. They're very probably the top 2 rated players at our top 2 most needed positions.

Williams vs Davis might turn out to be a decision between risky vs safe choice.

Davis does everything well, but might not have the ceiling of Williams. Williams could flame out, but if you hit on him, you've got a guy that could be an elite #1 WR for a long time. Someone tell me a potential Mike Evans wouldn't complement Mariota perfectly.

Lattimore at 18 would be awesome, but I don't think he falls that far.