A year ago today Mularkey was named head coach(some people were wrong)

OILERMAN

9 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

This team certainly played above their talent level this year. That's amazing considering our recent history.

But it's ONE year. 

I'm not patting any coach on the back until I see a playoff WIN. 

I thought we outperformed most pre-camp expectations but underperformed once we saw the talent level we had on the field that JRob brought in. 

This team was vastly more talented than Munchacks 9-7 team. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll admit he exceeded my expectations in helping right the ship. The question is whether he can take them farther and that can only be answered with time.

Here we go....

The fun part about determining wether Mariota is elite or not is comparing his per pass stats under Wiz to Mularkey. 

Pretty much better in every category except INT's under Wiz. 

A different staff from the current or last one and he may have been putting up elite #s last year. 

Hell, he was on pace for 30+ TD's if he stays on the field all of 2015. 

2 hours ago, ManningEnvy said:

From sausage sucking to pineapple sucking. It's amazing what a 9-7 season will do for some of you homers. I won't even include the sack sucking of a guy who was even shitty in college. In the end you're still one of the dumbest organizations in the NFL and the dumbest fan base in the world.

What's up, 3rd place? 

1 hour ago, gaskill15 said:

Mariota was bad in that Jacksonville game.........the defense was worse. 

it was poorly scouted, poorly game-planned, and poorly play-called. 

everybody was bad that game. coaches included. but it starts with the coaches. 

To put the blame on Mariota pretty much solo is crazy. 

How do you absolutely rout a team - beat the F out of them - and then go complete opposite gameplan the next time you play? 

The titans posted this on Instagram at the start of this season's OTAs  and after witnessing a good bit of shit talking towards the team on here I watched this for 5 minutes straight. I realized we're all titans fans are rooting for these guys at the end of the day. It'd just be nice if there could be one positive thread on TR without 3+ guys jumping in talking a bunch of trash towards Mularkey, mariota, etc calling everyone that doesn't agree lunatics. Heads up: we arent a bad team anymore. The more you talk trash the worse you're making yourself look.

Now please, respond with a pessimistic outlook on the organization and the future, call me a blind homer & point out a couple weaknesses the team showed this year. Classic.

10 minutes ago, TeamRobinson said:

It'd just be nice if there could be one positive thread on TR without 3+ guys jumping in talking a bunch of trash towards Mularkey, mariota, etc calling everyone that doesn't agree lunatics.

2 guys come to mind, the worst being oldschool and the 2nd is Oilerman.

18 minutes ago, TeamRobinson said:

The titans posted this on Instagram at the start of this season's OTAs  and after witnessing a good bit of shit talking towards the team on here I watched this for 5 minutes straight. I realized we're all titans fans are rooting for these guys at the end of the day. It'd just be nice if there could be one positive thread on TR without 3+ guys jumping in talking a bunch of trash towards Mularkey, mariota, etc calling everyone that doesn't agree lunatics. Heads up: we arent a bad team anymore. The more you talk trash the worse you're making yourself look.

Now please, respond with a pessimistic outlook on the organization and the future, call me a blind homer & point out a couple weaknesses the team showed this year. Classic.

yawn

3 minutes ago, TeamRobinson said:

actually more classic than responding with actual content.

what content? you gave a peacemaking cheerleading speech and said come at me while calling out people who dont see things the way you do.

it was a boring attention grab. 

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

what content? you gave a peacemaking cheerleading speech and said come at me while calling out people who dont see things the way you do.

it was a boring attention grab. 

But you still felt the need to respond? 

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

It's really funny to you when I point out the obvious? The Jags game plan was to spread the field, line Mariota up in shotgun and pass, Mariota had his worst game and missed open WRs. It wasn't about not praising the ground Mularkey walks on, it was about pointing out what actually happened. I don't apologize for saying what happened.

I've watched that game 3 times. You make it seem like he missed a ton of throws when in reality he missed a couple. The receivers were blanketed, and he was pressured all game. Our only success was short routes to the outside.