Jon Gruden to Indy? (Update 1-14: Irsay Pursued, Gruden Rejects)

SirLanceALot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do not believe this for a minute. Gruden is making 6.5 mill a year to do one game a week with no pressure. He'd be a fool imo to do it.

Gruden making decisions for the Colts and Coughlin for the Jags....division will come down to us and Houston every year for some time. Please let the Colts do this.

If I hated the Colts before, a Manning/Gruden wombo combo would push that super far over the edge. 

20 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Gruden is smarter than everyone makes him out to be. He has good sense to not take a shit team,  with a shit owner. Irsay is a train wreck of a owner, and people know it. Colts won't get any better. Manning doesn't want any of his lying bullshit either. 

This team has fallen really far the last couple years. Irsay has also embarrassed himself and the team getting arrested fucked up on pills and probably still is now which explains his crazy decision making. Next he will have that GM on a lifetime contract.

Thats fine with me i got sick of their obnoxious fans thinking they were what ruled the roost. Trading Manning looked good and still seemed the right thing to do because of Luck coming out but we won't know if it was the right decision until years later.

Manning led Denver to two Super Bowls from 2012 to 2016 and meanwhile Indy has not been to any since Luck started 2012 and there is a chance they may never with Luck. Would be crazy years from now to look back and the Colts wishing they would've held on to Manning.

Grigano forever :8_laughing:

Edited by MIKE75

11 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

This team has fallen really far the last couple years. Irsay has also embarrassed himself and the team getting arrested fucked up on pills and probably still is now which explains his crazy decision making. Next he will have that GM on a lifetime contract.

Thats fine with me i got sick of their obnoxious fans thinking they were what ruled the roost. Trading Manning looked good and still seemed the right thing to do because of Luck coming out but we won't know if it was the right decision until years later.

Manning led Denver to two Super Bowls from 2012 to 2016 and meanwhile Indy has not been to any since Luck started 2012 and there is a chance they may never with Luck. Would be crazy years from now to look back and the Colts wishing they would've held on to Manning.

Grigano forever :8_laughing:

Colts are wasting Luck's career.

On 1/12/2017 at 7:18 PM, OILERMAN said:

I do not believe this for a minute.

Gruden is making 6.5 mill a year to do one game a week with no pressure. He'd be a fool imo to do it.

4 hours ago, Somedude said:

He will never coach as long as he has a job at ESPN. Making the same money for doing a fraction of work he used to do.

I wouldn't be shocked if ESPN drops him at his price tag. Ratings are down for MNF so why pay him so much if you aren't getting results. 

If Gruden was ever going to get back to coaching this would have been the job he would go for. He loves Andrew Luck and you don't turn down a job with a top QB in the league. Now I'm sure if Gruden wants the job next year or anytime in the future I'm sure all he has to do is pick up the phone. 

I wonder how this makes Pagano feel. 

I wonder what Peyton's plans are. Everybody was assuming he was going to have this huge post-playing football career but he seems content to just chill & be super rich. 

I really thought he'd want to get into coaching or be an executive & he still may, he only retired last year. But maybe he's just one of these guys that only wants to play.  Michael Jordan became an owner but he apprently doesn't enjoy it & misses playing everyday. For all we know Peyton is probably waiting by the phone for the call every day.