Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dmeade-

Walterfootball post CBS championship Mock

35 posts in this topic

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

Garrett, Kiser, Allen, and Barnett go top 4.

Deshaun Watson goes late first to the Giants. Walterfootball stated they have not spoke with a team yet that consideres him a first round talent.

ignore thread title or change please!

titansb_logo.gifTennessee Titans: Jamal Adams, S, LSU LSU_logo.gif 
The Titans made great strides in 2016, and they figure to keep improving, thanks to this selection. Owning the No. 5 overall pick because of the Rams' incompetence, Tennessee wouldn't be in a position to snatch a blue-chip safety prospect if they never moved down last year. That, however, is the case, as the Titans won one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history. 

It's going to be a tight race between Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker to see who the No. 1 safety prospect will be. I had Hooker here last week, but it seems like Adams is a bit ahead of him right now. That could change soon, however. 

Pick change; previously Malik Hooker, S 

titansb_logo.gif Tennessee Titans: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State  OhioState_logo.gif 
The Titans, as mentioned, have major problems in their secondary, so I think they'd have to be thrilled to select both an elite safety and a promising cornerback prospect with their two picks in the first round. Marshon Lattimore was the 11th pick in last week's update, so he's an absolute steal seven choices later.  

Pick change; previously Jalen Tabor, CB 

• Rd. 3, Pk. 5 Damore'ea Stringefellow, WR, Ole Miss  
    Rishard Matthews has been a pleasant surprise for the Titans, but they still need another receiver with Kendall Wright once again falling out of favor with the coaching staff. 

Pick change; previously Donnie Miles, S  

• Rd. 3, Pk. 19 Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech  VirginiaTech_logo.gif
    Delanie Walker turns 33 this offseason, so the Titans might have interest in adding a successor. 

Pick change; previously Jordan Leggett, TE 

• Rd. 4, Pk. 18 Alex Anzalone, OLB/ILB, Florida  Florida_logo.gif
    Sean Spence is an impending free agent, while Wesley Woodyard and Avery Williamson have expiring contracts the following year. Thus, the Titans will want to add depth to their linebacking corps. 

big2033 likes this

Too bad we wont have the 5th pick in the 3rd round. I guess they cant mock the compensatory picks at this point?

Supdawg likes this

27 minutes ago, siamesedinasour said:

Seriously, has the format of the WalterFoobtall site changed since the late '90s? It looks like a geocities page.

At least it's not Bleacher Report. 

I'd be happy depending on FA

Huston likes this

If you think we are picking a Safety at 5,then I got a diamond farm that i want to sale you. 

They've actually amended the 3rd/4th round picks to this:

Rd 3 Tennessee Titans: Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State OhioState_logo.gif 
Rishard Matthews has been a pleasant surprise for the Titans, but they still need another receiver with Kendall Wright once again falling out of favor with the coaching staff. 

Rd 3 Tennessee Titans: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech VirginiaTech_logo.gif 
Delanie Walker turns 33 this offseason, so the Titans might have interest in adding a successor. 

Rd 4 Tennessee Titans: Howard Wilson, CB, Houston Houston_logo.gif 
Given their major problems at cornerback, the Titans could choose to double up on the position in the first four rounds. 

I would be happy with a first round of Adams and Lattimore - I think both are excellent players. But I also think it's unlikely we'll double-dip at secondary in the first round, this will probably become more obvious post-free agency.

As for the later picks, I'm happy with the positional choices of WR/TE/CB, but I'm not deeply familiar with any of the prospects mentioned so I can't make a value determination.

Edited by THE_TITAN

I'm cool with Foster, Allen, Garrett, or Adams at five. Currently, I'm not sure I would want anyone else. But we have a lot of time still for me to do my own dissecting.

18 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

At least it's not Bleacher Report. 

Matt Miller is A LOT better than the clowns at Walterfootball.

Matt Miller's recent mock has us taking Mike Williams at 5 and Quincy Wilson CB at 18.

I think receiver is a possibility at 18 if Davis or Williams drop or if we trade down a little. I just don't think Jrob will pull the trigger on a receiver at 5 even though I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to Williams at 5.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2683888-2017-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-final-regular-season-projections/page/3

5 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

Matt Miller's recent mock has us taking Mike Williams at 5 and Quincy Wilson CB at 18.

I think receiver is a possibility at 18 if Davis or Williams drop or if we trade down a little. I just don't think Jrob will pull the trigger on a receiver at 5 even though I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to Williams at 5.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2683888-2017-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-final-regular-season-projections/page/3

Way off, he is going by apparent need not best player.

Dmeade- likes this