Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MIKE75

PFF Ranks All 32 NFL Secondaries

29 posts in this topic

25. Tennessee Titans

The Titans’ secondary was brought down by Perrish Cox, who, before getting cut towards the end of the season, was in the running to be the league’s lowest-graded cornerback. Brice McCain tied a career-high six touchdowns allowed, but overall, it was still an improvement over his recent seasons on a per-snap basis. Tennessee did get good play out of rookie safety Kevin Byard, who recorded the second-fewest yards allowed per snap in coverage among safeties.

 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-secondaries-this-season/?utm_content=bufferff781&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Edited by MIKE75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We are not 32?

25th with those players and people want(ed) DLB gone...smh

And his two best players in the later part of the season ended up being 2 rookies drafted in the 3rd and 5th rounds.

On top of that, Derrick Morgan is not that good imo. Dodd was hurt a lot and Austin didn't preform in relation to where he was drafted.

DLB deserves more respect than what he has been given.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, h4t said:

With the rating of Bouye, the Titans would be crazy not to sign him.

FIFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously we need to re-sign McCain and Stafford as depth and sign or draft a starting S and CB (or two).

McCain and Stafford are servicable as back end players and could still get released at the end of camp if they get beat out.  Guys like McCourty ($7 mil) and Searcy ($6 mil) are over paid baggage and need to be released.  Sims played as well as McCourty after he had a few games experience and is a possible starter IMO. 

jphardy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

25. Tennessee Titans

 Tennessee did get good play out of rookie safety Kevin Byard, who recorded the second-fewest yards allowed per snap in coverage among safeties.

 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-secondaries-this-season/?utm_content=bufferff781&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

This is why I'm more interested in drafting a safety (or Berry in FA) to take the SS role, rather than a FS like Hooker, and attempting to push Byard towards being an in-the-box guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huston said:

Cox getting benched and Byard is the only reason we aren't 32nd.

The real issue is why did it take so long to bench Cox?  That's a question that needs to be answered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Obviously we need to re-sign McCain and Stafford as depth and sign or draft a starting S and CB (or two).

McCain and Stafford are servicable as back end players and could still get released at the end of camp if they get beat out.  Guys like McCourty ($7 mil) and Searcy ($6 mil) are over paid baggage and need to be released.  Sims played as well as McCourty after he had a few games experience and is a possible starter IMO. 

Not so sure I agree with this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, h4t said:

With the rating of Bouye, the Texans would be crazy not to resign him.

They have to deal Hopkins who they pissed off royally last yr.  Bouye will be interesting for them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

25th with those players and people want(ed) DLB gone...smh

And his two best players in the later part of the season ended up being 2 rookies drafted in the 3rd and 5th rounds.

On top of that, Derrick Morgan is not that good imo. Dodd was hurt a lot and Austin didn't preform in relation to where he was drafted.

DLB deserves more respect than what he has been given.

I expect Austin Johnson to start at NT next year. Also hope Dodd is fully healthy for training camp and makes a major contribution. Ext year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way 25 makes sense is if the Packers are 26-32. Everyone else blows us two out of the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 8MM said:

The real issue is why did it take so long to bench Cox?  That's a question that needs to be answered. 

Same reason my boss doesn't get super pissed when I'm late. He made some plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.