JRob should advertise that pick 5 is up for sale

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would. Demarco and Henry are both better.

I've been advocating trading that pick since we got it last year. I want 2 1st rounders next year too.

I think we are more likely to trade #18. at a certain point players will have a second round grade in the first round. Cleveland has picks 33 and 52. i know they already have 2 picks in the first but that would be a good trade for both teams.

Is there another team that has two second rounders?

To play devil's advocate... what if J-Rob doesn't want Allen or Garrett? Couldn't this strategy backfire? 

For example, what if J-Rob decides that he wants Reuben Foster no matter what. And, he is certain that Foster will be there at 5. If he contributes to creating a buzz at the top of the draft, couldn't that actually end up benefiting the Jags more than us, as they might get more lucrative trade offers? Or, could it drop Allen or Garrett to the Jags?

Titans are in a good spot because they don't HAVE to trade down from 5. I'm perfectly content staying at 5 and taking someone like Foster or Adams. We can hold out for a great offer, and if we don't get one, staying at 5 is fine. I wouldn't discount a team like the Bills panicking and doing something crazy. They traded 2 ones to move 4 spots to get Sammy Watkins, a WR. I wouldn't discount them from offering us their 1 (pick 10)+ their 2018 1st. If we can get an offer like that, that's hard to turn down.

I think you could still potentially get one of Adams, Foster, or Hooker at 10. And if not, you can consider Mike Williams or Corey Davis. Solomon Thomas. I still think we'd have very good options at 10.

Edited by socaltitan

I will venture a guess to say that with the uncertainty of the draft order, if a trade happens it will be on draft day when the dominoes start to fall. Once again, we are in a very good position to be in, even at #5. I think if we trade down it won't be very far. We need impact players at ILB, CB, WR, and S with those high picks.

13 hours ago, reo said:

I've been advocating trading that pick since we got it last year. I want 2 1st rounders next year too.

It's hard for me to imagine a scenario that we get 2 firsts next year without losing one this year.  A QB someone desperately wants would have to be available there for it to occur.  In which case I would guess another trade would have been made in order to better guarantee the pick.  5 isn't 1 or 2 by a long shot when teams are desperately looking for a guy.  To get the bounty, you have to be in a place of relative guarantee.  

I do think it's possible to trade back a little, grab some later picks that can be leveraged to get back into the second, though.  Keeping both 1s and acquiring two 1s next year?  I have doubts about that.  

Edited by Rogue

1 minute ago, Rogue said:

It's hard for me to imagine a scenario that we get 2 firsts next year without losing one this year.  A QB someone desperately wants would have to be available there for it to occur.  In which case I would guess another trade would have been made in order to better guarantee the pick.  5 isn't 1 or 2 by a long shot when teams are desperately looking for a guy.  To get the bounty, you have to be in a place of relative guarantee.  

I so think it's possible to trade back a little, grab some later picks that can be leveraged to get back into the second, though.  Keeping both 1s and acquiring two 1s next year?  I have doubts about that.  

I can see a team wanting to leapfrog the Jets at 6. Not saying it's real likely, but it's not implausible. The Bills were crazy enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 4 spots for Sammy Watkins, a WR. I wouldn't put it past em if they get desperate.

2 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I can see a team wanting to leapfrog the Jets at 6. Not saying it's real likely, but it's not implausible. The Bills were crazy enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 4 spots for Sammy Watkins, a WR. I wouldn't put it past em if they get desperate.

I don't think the Bills would trade next year's 1st to move from 10 to 5. I don't think the Browns would to go from 12 to 5, either. Not unless they were desperate for a QB ahead of the Jets and maybe if we sent them back a later pick.

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They can get a 1st next year if they are willing to trade back far enough from #5 this year. But how far do they want to drop? And who is going to be looking to trade up to 5?

Bills and Browns come to mind. I'm perfectly content staying at 5 too, but it doesn't hurt to explore every avenue. I think there could be potential trade down possibilities for us, especially with the Jets picking right behind us needing a QB

Bills pick at 10 and Browns at 12. I think if we trade down to 10, we still could have a shot at one of Foster, Hooker, or Adams. And if those guys are gone, I'd feel pretty good about the odds of Mike Williams and/or Corey Davis being there at 10 as a fall back. Solomon Thomas could be another option.

Edited by socaltitan

2 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

It's possible, no doubt.  It would be a draft time decision at 5 though.  

JRob doesn't have the luxury of a pre draft trade for sure.  It's going to come down to how much a team valued the guy available at 5 when it happens.  

For the first time in a while, I think our front  office makes the right decision. I just don't see it netting two 1sts this year as well as next.  If it did, JRob should just be considered King JRob from here in out. 

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I don't think the Bills would trade next year's 1st to move from 10 to 5. I don't think the Browns would to go from 12 to 5, either. Not unless they were desperate for a QB ahead of the Jets and maybe if we sent them back a later pick.

They traded next year's 1 to move from 8 to 4 a few years ago for a WR. I'm not counting on it happening, but it's the Bills. You never know with them. I don't think you should discount the fact that it's the Bills. The Browns have a lot of extra picks. They could take Garrett at 1, then try to maneuver back up the board for a QB.

Edited by socaltitan