JRob should advertise that pick 5 is up for sale

AussieTitanFan08

firstly before everyone goes crazy i'm not advocating trading pick number 5, what I am advocating is selling the perception pick 5 is up for sale, and the potential chain reaction it could cause.

sometimes desperate owners/GM's can do some crazy things.

with the huge number of QB needy teams this year, they will already be jumping at shadows in the top half of the draft trying to find a solution to their QB issues in a market that has only half the supply compared to demand.

with the reputation JRob has acquired of being a willing wheeler/dealer via the Murray/Conklin/Goff trades he has the opportunity to create almost a false floor on where teams perceive the top 3 QB's may go entering the draft.

obviously the more QB's taken early is a benefit to us at not only pick 5 but pick 18 as well.

the ideal situation for us is the 49ers and Bears go QB at pick 2 and pick 3, say its Trubisky and Watson, that leaves Kizer before a significant drop off in the QB market to Mahomes and Kaaya.

then the landscape looks like this, the following teams have some reported QB needs whether it be a starter or long term replacement for aging starter.

6. Jets

7. Chargers

10. Bills

11. Saints

12. Browns

13. Cardinals

23. Giants

because JRob has publicly put our pick 5 up for sale it has the effect of putting those 7 QB needy teams in a possible blind bidding war, yes not every team will jump but it certainly puts the Jags pick at 4 and our pick at 5 in play.

JRob has shown he is more than willing to pull the trigger on a deal he has the potential to alter the top part of the draft by simply publicly putting our pick up for sale.

its highly unlikely to happen but how good would it be if say the Bills/Saints do a deal with the Jags to move up for a QB clearing the way for us to take Jonathan Allen should we choose to, remember the Saints had some discussions with us last year about the number 1 pick as they search for a long term successor to Brees.

March 9th and FA can't get here soon enough so the speculation can slow down and we have some real information to discuss.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would. Demarco and Henry are both better.

I've been advocating trading that pick since we got it last year. I want 2 1st rounders next year too.

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I say he will at the combine. 

makes sense, wonder if he gets accosted in the bathroom this year by another team like the Rams did last year.

anything is possible but I just don't see picks one/two or three attainable via trade this year, meaning picks 4 and 5 is where action might begin.

Not sure how the QB situation will play out, but if JRob wants to trade down then being in front of the Jets is a pretty good place to be in. The Browns, 49ers, and Bears could take none/any/all of the good QBs but it would be nice if there is 1 clear top QB left when we pick. If would give the Titans another option if the Browns or Bills really want to jump to 5.

I'm somehow going to agree with this idea...If Jacksonville somehow passes on Fournette I believe the Titans phones could ring off the hook...I wouldn't be surprised if JRob was offered another game changing trade...(yes, for a RB)

7 minutes ago, thor said:

I'm somehow going to agree with this idea...If Jacksonville somehow passes on Fournette I believe the Titans phones could ring off the hook...I wouldn't be surprised if JRob was offered another game changing trade...(yes, for a RB)

interesting theory, i'm more in the Jags taking a DL/pass rusher now that Coughlin has final say on the roster, he will want to load up on pass rushers so he can employ his NASCAR package.

puts guys like Allen/Barnett/Thomas or maybe even Foster firmly in their sights.

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

interesting theory, i'm more in the Jags taking a DL/pass rusher now that Coughlin has final say on the roster, he will want to load up on pass rushers so he can employ his NASCAR package.

puts guys like Allen/Barnett/Thomas or maybe even Foster firmly in their sights.

I can see where you're coming from...Up until Coughlin was hired I was pretty sure Fournette would be their target unless one of the big "2" fell...Now I could see where a team wanting a power RB may want to move up to get him...

9 hours ago, thor said:

Fournette is the best player in this draft........If JRob took him I would not cry a tear.