J-Rob's Free Agency Will Keep Us Guessing for the Draft

Jonboy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like many of you, I've been thinking a lot about the draft and FA. We always anticipate FA helping shape the draft; however, as we saw last year with J-Rob, he doesn't utilize just one method to bolst

lol @Jonboy seems you need some actual news and not speculation as much as I do, I just did a post about how JRob can alter the top of the draft through a simple declaration pick 5 is up for sale.

The more I have seen of him, the more I would like to sign Bouye. The added bonus is taking him from the enemy. 

Do not discount Jamie Collins. Am I correct in hearing that Robinson personally scouted him prior to the Draft for the Pats?

27 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Alex Mack isn't worth anything close to $10 mil a year and would have been a horrible waste of money.  Slausen and Ramirez are arguably slightly (based on PFF) better but Jones is only 27 and obviously has done a quality job based on his 2016 play.

Marvin Jones (55, 930, 4, $8 mil))?  Matthews (65, 945, 9, $5 mil).   I'll take Matthews and his numbers (and salary) which reflect splitting playing time early in the season or he breaks 1000 yards.  His 9 TDs are 7th in the NFL for WRs. 

The trade for Murray was better (SMARTER) than getting him in FA.  As in we pick up his contract without having to pay him any upfront bonus.  We have no dead money if we want to release him after 2017.  Murray is the 2nd or 3rd best RB in football and is only paid $6.25 mil.

I like how you down play the Murray deal, one of the best in the NFL last year by any GM, as just a trade like it doen't count.  You were called out a number of times for playing the idiot back then.  Damn you look dumb now after Murray had a great season.  Murray was outstanding scoring 9 TDs running the ball and 3 more on passes not to mention he threw one TD.  He split about 1/4 of the carries with Henry and still was 3rd in the NFL in rushing. 

Edit: add that Jones graded out #7 among all Cs per PFF this year.  A great signing.

You didn't ask anything about the kind of deals etc...I don't sit there and play around with PFF and then try to show someone up...You asked who were the better players---that's easy---and it's not Jones and Matthews---Not to mention why don't you give me the PFF stats on the two players I was pushing for last off season---Osemele and Hayward...I would like to know where Osemele stacks up against other players...Then, you can tell me he wasn't worth the "big money" he got also...

It's hilarious the way you ask one question and then go spin it another way...Nice try...

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Mack was paid $10 mil a year and graded out about average (not the same after his injury?).  The guy is decent but not anything close to $10 mil a year good.   correction, Mack ranked #8 of all OL in 2016.  It was 2015 he was average.  Apparently he is back to playing at a top level.  Still not worth $10 mil IMO but I'd rather spend $10 on my C than $12 on an OG.. 

I didn't look up what Kelechi Osemele had for a grade but he got paid almost $12 mil a year for God sake.  Seriously?  One of the guys you wanted was a $12 mil a year fing OG?  A much better route was to get Mitchell Schwartz as our RT for half that amount and then use the Conklin pick on a legit CB or S in the draft.

Hayward graded out #8 for CBs.  One notch above a guy I'd consider this year to sign, Morris Claiborne.  I'll agree that Hayward would have been a solid signing.  A dumpster dive signing of only $5.1 mil a year. 

Also, Warmack graded out with a PFF rating of 46.6.  Not many OGs in the league worse.  The guy was pure shit.  By comparison Brian Schwenke rated at 67.

You mean Osemele---The All-Pro guard??? I said I would pay him whatever it would take---that's why he's a Pro-Bowl knock you on your ass blocking stud of a guard...

Hayward rated a hair above Dumpster Dive...

There's nothing wrong with "Dumpster Diving" by the way---get used to it...

I have a sense the dumpster fire in Clev has JRob attn.  They are going to let Collins or Pryor go.......and I think he might be interested in both.  I think if Clev tag Pryor the number is going to be huge for a guy with one year experience.  Collins can walk because they will get a 3rd in a comp pick for him.  Collins could be very handy in DL hybrid scheme because in many ways it is like BB scheme.  

I also think TN needs to resign some old parts.  Bell and Fasano are two that come to mind.  I also think I would extend Kelly for two to three years because it is clear he is valuable as the GB showed.  Bell offers flexibility at OT and OG............and quite frankly I would pay Spain.  He has been a find and a good player.  TN gets that done they can ignore the OL in this draft.    

3 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Does anyone think J Rob would try to upgrade our guards in FA with someone like Ronald Leary from the cowboys.

Seems unlikely. They could decide that Kline could be upgraded but the fact is that Kline and Tretola can compete for the job and they should be at least as good as last year. 

Jamie Collins would be great in our defensive system, I think we could be all over him.

AJ Bouye would be my number one target at CB. And Eric Berry my number one target at S. I think going for Bouye is eminently more realistic and would weaken a divisional opponent.

1 hour ago, Huston said:

I like Tony Jefferson, Bouye and Calais Campbell. Then we would be free to go nearly anywhere in the draft.

Campbell would be huge. I know he's getting up there in years but man, him & Casey would be awesome together. 

I actually think that 5 tech spot, the other DE, is an underrated need. I love DQ Jones, he's a top notch run player, but he didn't improve at all rushing the passer. He is what he is, a 2 down, 2 gap run stopper. Austin Johnson is better at getting into the backfield but he's more of run stopper & a NT type, like Jones. If we resign Klug he's a good 3rd down rusher but I'd love to get a stud 3 down DE like CC. Or maybe trade for Sheldon Richardson.

1 minute ago, Face said:

Campbell would be huge. I know he's getting up there in years but man, him & Casey would be awesome together. 

I actually think that 5 tech spot, the other DE, is an underrated need. I love DQ Jones, he's a top notch run player, but he didn't improve at all rushing the passer. He is what he is, a 2 down, 2 gap run stopper. Austin Johnson is better at getting into the backfield but he's more of run stopper & a NT type, like Jones. If we resign Klug he's a good 3rd down rusher but I'd love to get a stud 3 down DE like CC. Or maybe trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Thats why a lot of us want Allen so bad but I'm torn between him and Foster. Campbell would easy the pain of not getting Allen.

12 minutes ago, Huston said:

Thats why a lot of us want Allen so bad but I'm torn between him and Foster. Campbell would easy the pain of not getting Allen.

Well Allen's my favorite player in the draft, he's a day 1 pro bowler IMO. So I'm with you, I want Allen followed by Foster. I'm in love with  Foster, he's such a great prospect.   He's actually built like a true MIKE, he's 250 & an explosive hitter. He's a 3 down ILB that will also really help the pas rush. From what I see he's a great blitzer, has great power & timing, and we blitz our ILB'a more than anybody. I'm totally psyched about him & hope he's the pick.