Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonboy

J-Rob's Free Agency Will Keep Us Guessing for the Draft

97 posts in this topic

I'd definitely have to take more time looking but I like:

Poe, Alonso, Cyprien, Berry, Church, Bouye, Butler, Ryan, Cockrell, T.J. Lang, Warford, and so on...\\

I'd go for a safety, corner, and guard...(dang Osemele---the one that got away)

46 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

@thor I think he restrained himself because that is how successful GMs are successful.  In fact in hindsight he got the best C, WR and RB available didn't he?

Just off the top of my head---no---Alex Mack and Marvin Jones to start...I'll agree on best RB---but, that was a trade not FA...

Alex Mack isn't worth anything close to $10 mil a year and would have been a horrible waste of money.  Slausen and Ramirez are arguably slightly (based on PFF) better but Jones is only 27 and obviously has done a quality job based on his 2016 play.

Marvin Jones (55, 930, 4, $8 mil))?  Matthews (65, 945, 9, $5 mil).   I'll take Matthews and his numbers (and salary) which reflect splitting playing time early in the season or he breaks 1000 yards.  His 9 TDs are 7th in the NFL for WRs. 

The trade for Murray was better (SMARTER) than getting him in FA.  As in we pick up his contract without having to pay him any upfront bonus.  We have no dead money if we want to release him after 2017.  Murray is the 2nd or 3rd best RB in football and is only paid $6.25 mil.

I like how you down play the Murray deal, one of the best in the NFL last year by any GM, as just a trade like it doen't count.  You were called out a number of times for playing the idiot back then.  Damn you look dumb now after Murray had a great season.  Murray was outstanding scoring 9 TDs running the ball and 3 more on passes not to mention he threw one TD.  He split about 1/4 of the carries with Henry and still was 3rd in the NFL in rushing. 

Edit: add that Jones graded out #7 among all Cs per PFF this year.  A great signing.

Edited by Soxcat

Does anyone think J Rob would try to upgrade our guards in FA with someone like Ronald Leary from the cowboys.

The more I have seen of him, the more I would like to sign Bouye. The added bonus is taking him from the enemy. 

Do not discount Jamie Collins. Am I correct in hearing that Robinson personally scouted him prior to the Draft for the Pats?

2 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Does anyone think J Rob would try to upgrade our guards in FA with someone like Ronald Leary from the cowboys.

I say we let Tretola compete with Kline and look at options as a swing guy in the draft.  If a quality C falls into the later rounds (a guy that is good not like Gallik) I bet JRob jumps on it.  We need depth and not sure if Schwenke is going to be signed back.  I would see if Schwenke can be re-signed for a decent price but bring in competition from later in the draft or UDFA. 

27 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Alex Mack isn't worth anything close to $10 mil a year and would have been a horrible waste of money.  Slausen and Ramirez are arguably slightly (based on PFF) better but Jones is only 27 and obviously has done a quality job based on his 2016 play.

Marvin Jones (55, 930, 4, $8 mil))?  Matthews (65, 945, 9, $5 mil).   I'll take Matthews and his numbers (and salary) which reflect splitting playing time early in the season or he breaks 1000 yards.  His 9 TDs are 7th in the NFL for WRs. 

The trade for Murray was better (SMARTER) than getting him in FA.  As in we pick up his contract without having to pay him any upfront bonus.  We have no dead money if we want to release him after 2017.  Murray is the 2nd or 3rd best RB in football and is only paid $6.25 mil.

I like how you down play the Murray deal, one of the best in the NFL last year by any GM, as just a trade like it doen't count.  You were called out a number of times for playing the idiot back then.  Damn you look dumb now after Murray had a great season.  Murray was outstanding scoring 9 TDs running the ball and 3 more on passes not to mention he threw one TD.  He split about 1/4 of the carries with Henry and still was 3rd in the NFL in rushing. 

Edit: add that Jones graded out #7 among all Cs per PFF this year.  A great signing.

You didn't ask anything about the kind of deals etc...I don't sit there and play around with PFF and then try to show someone up...You asked who were the better players---that's easy---and it's not Jones and Matthews---Not to mention why don't you give me the PFF stats on the two players I was pushing for last off season---Osemele and Hayward...I would like to know where Osemele stacks up against other players...Then, you can tell me he wasn't worth the "big money" he got also...

It's hilarious the way you ask one question and then go spin it another way...Nice try...

Where's that answer? Still checking with Chris Collingsworth and his crew to tell you what to think?

1 minute ago, thor said:

Where's that answer? Still checking with Chris Collingsworth and his crew to tell you what to think?

We're not breaking the bank on guards anymore 

Mack was paid $10 mil a year and graded out about average (not the same after his injury?).  The guy is decent but not anything close to $10 mil a year good.   correction, Mack ranked #8 of all OL in 2016.  It was 2015 he was average.  Apparently he is back to playing at a top level.  Still not worth $10 mil IMO but I'd rather spend $10 on my C than $12 on an OG.. 

I didn't look up what Kelechi Osemele had for a grade but he got paid almost $12 mil a year for God sake.  Seriously?  One of the guys you wanted was a $12 mil a year fing OG?  A much better route was to get Mitchell Schwartz as our RT for half that amount and then use the Conklin pick on a legit CB or S in the draft.

Hayward graded out #8 for CBs.  One notch above a guy I'd consider this year to sign, Morris Claiborne.  I'll agree that Hayward would have been a solid signing.  A dumpster dive signing of only $5.1 mil a year. 

Also, Warmack graded out with a PFF rating of 46.6.  Not many OGs in the league worse.  The guy was pure shit.  By comparison Brian Schwenke rated at 67.

Edited by Soxcat
headhunter likes this

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We're not breaking the bank on guards anymore 

Another All-Pro answer from peanut gallery...

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Mack was paid $10 mil a year and graded out about average (not the same after his injury?).  The guy is decent but not anything close to $10 mil a year good.   correction, Mack ranked #8 of all OL in 2016.  It was 2015 he was average.  Apparently he is back to playing at a top level.  Still not worth $10 mil IMO but I'd rather spend $10 on my C than $12 on an OG.. 

I didn't look up what Kelechi Osemele had for a grade but he got paid almost $12 mil a year for God sake.  Seriously?  One of the guys you wanted was a $12 mil a year fing OG?  A much better route was to get Mitchell Schwartz as our RT for half that amount and then use the Conklin pick on a legit CB or S in the draft.

Hayward graded out #8 for CBs.  One notch above a guy I'd consider this year to sign, Morris Claiborne.  I'll agree that Hayward would have been a solid signing.  A dumpster dive signing of only $5.1 mil a year. 

Also, Warmack graded out with a PFF rating of 46.6.  Not many OGs in the league worse.  The guy was pure shit.  By comparison Brian Schwenke rated at 67.

You mean Osemele---The All-Pro guard??? I said I would pay him whatever it would take---that's why he's a Pro-Bowl knock you on your ass blocking stud of a guard...

Hayward rated a hair above Dumpster Dive...

There's nothing wrong with "Dumpster Diving" by the way---get used to it...

How do Al Woods, Antwon Blake, Andre Johnson, Reshad Johnson, and Sean Spence grade out? and Matt Cassell

I have a sense the dumpster fire in Clev has JRob attn.  They are going to let Collins or Pryor go.......and I think he might be interested in both.  I think if Clev tag Pryor the number is going to be huge for a guy with one year experience.  Collins can walk because they will get a 3rd in a comp pick for him.  Collins could be very handy in DL hybrid scheme because in many ways it is like BB scheme.  

AvgJoe likes this