Sean McDermott expected to be announced new Bills HC in next 24hrs

AussieTitanFan08

I see them as a potential trade down partner. Tyrod Taylor's done there. They need QB bad. Their GM traded 4 spots (and gave up a 2015 1st) to move up for a WR (Sammy Watkins). I wouldn't put it past them doing something crazy. It'd be great if Watson or Trubisky is still on the board when we pick at 5. Someone could call us trying to leapfrog the Jets.

Sean McDermott is a great hire.

I think they'd be nuts to move on from Tyrod Taylor, the guys put together 2 damn good years. These teams never learn, if you have a good QB, build around him. It's not easy finding a QB. Is Taylor perfect? Far from it. But he's a great runner, has a great deep ball, good pocket presence, and is very well respected by his teammtes. He struggles a bit in the short/intermediate game & he always will. But the bottom line is the Bills were one of the highest scoring teams in football & he's a big reason why. Keep him & fix the defense, this is not the year to try to find a QB.

I have always liked McDermott and it looks to me like the Bills have finally gotten it right.

This guy eats,lives and breathes coaching i think he will have Buffalo contending again.

Like Face said they need to keep Taylor at QB and fix the defense.

Taylor isn't a QB that's going to take you to the promised land. They should move on. No reason to pay him huge money. They can win some games with him, but I don't see him being a guy they can count on consistently.

They would be better off drafting a rookie who maybe can be the guy. Especially with a new HC coming in who has time to rebuild.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Sean McDermott is a great hire.

I think they'd be nuts to move on from Tyrod Taylor, the guys put together 2 damn good years. These teams never learn, if you have a good QB, build around him. It's not easy finding a QB. Is Taylor perfect? Far from it. But he's a great runner, has a great deep ball, good pocket presence, and is very well respected by his teammtes. He struggles a bit in the short/intermediate game & he always will. But the bottom line is the Bills were one of the highest scoring teams in football & he's a big reason why. Keep him & fix the defense, this is not the year to try to find a QB.

His contract was essentially a one year deal. 

I think he did show enough to have that chance (this year) but he didn't look to be developing in to a very good QB or like a guy who was ready to take that next step. He didn't do near Enough to prove he is worth that kind of money.

Taylor is an ok QB but he is not a 90-100 million dollar QB. I think they would be dumb to commit to him for that amount of time and money. 

They have an out and I'm sure they will take it.

2 hours ago, MariGOATa said:

He isn't better than Rex Ryan but whatever.

This guy is gonna blow Rex Ryan out of the water. Trust me McDermott is going to get Buffalo competing again. When we were talking about coaches during what we thought was going to be a real search here i listed McDermott as the main defensive coach i would like to coach the Titans.....

3 hours ago, socaltitan said:

I see them as a potential trade down partner. Tyrod Taylor's done there. They need QB bad. Their GM traded 4 spots (and gave up a 2015 1st) to move up for a WR (Sammy Watkins). I wouldn't put it past them doing something crazy. It'd be great if Watson or Trubisky is still on the board when we pick at 5. Someone could call us trying to leapfrog the Jets.

The Bills are at 10. I think that would be a pretty good move down spot and we could pick up a potential second rounder and still get a good WR (Williams,Davis) CB (Lattimore,Tankersly) or S (Hooker,Adams)

5 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

This guy is gonna blow Rex Ryan out of the water. Trust me McDermott is going to get Buffalo competing again. When we were talking about coaches during what we thought was going to be a real search here i listed McDermott as the main defensive coach i would like to coach the Titans.....

I trust you but it always helps when you get to have two coaches on the field in Kuechly and Davis. 

Also, I feel Rex kinda got screwed as he coached the Jets and Bills in a division where all he could really hope for was a wildcard birth. Don't get me wrong he could have done better (especially if he didn't hire his bonehead brother) but he was put in two bad situations (I'm pro Tyrod btw; you can definitely win with him). 

I think Tyrod Taylor is like VY in 2010(minus the maturity issues and pea sized brain), his numbers don't show his limitations. He's not going to execute an NFL passing offense from the pocket like you need consistently. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I think Tyrod Taylor is like VY in 2010(minus the maturity issues and pea sized brain), his numbers don't show his limitations. He's not going to execute an NFL passing offense from the pocket like you need consistently. 

Yes.  If Buffalo wants to win big they either need to be dominant elsewhere to hide Taylor's limitations or move on.  They could win with Taylor but they'll need a Denver 2015 like defense to do that.

Archived