Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

B

Raiders fire their OC (Musgrave)

23 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

It's stupid to force the ball to one receiver all game when you've got a great overall group. Megatron is a hall of famer but the Lions were better without him this season.

Get out of here with that nonsense.   Everyone knows that fantasy results take priority over wins and losses.   These old farts that insist on balanced offenses and spreading the ball around won't last long.

Mythos27 likes this

16 hours ago, Btowner said:

Cooper had 83 catches and Crabtree had 89.

Yeah that's the problem...They want Cooper to be #1 with at least 100 catches.  His offense basically used Cooper as a decoy drawing a double team to get the others guys open.  Just like how the Lions were using Megatron his last few years. 

Edited by heyitsmeallen

2 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah that's the problem...They want Cooper to be #1 with at least 100 catches.  His offense basically used Cooper as a decoy to get the others guys open.  Just like the Lions were using Megatron his last few years. 

I always thought they tried too much to get Cooper schemed in. Crabtrees involvement just came with the flow of the game. 

18 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I always thought they tried too much to get Cooper schemed in. Crabtrees involvement just came with the flow of the game. 

It came with the flow of the game because Cooper was always drawing a double team. Easy to scheme the other guys open if there is a guy drawing all of the attention. 

4 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

It's stupid to force the ball to one receiver all game when you've got a great overall group. Megatron is a hall of famer but the Lions were better without him this season.

There's a difference between forcing it to him and not forgetting about him.

Even Del Rio said they weren't giving him enough opportunities.

I think that's one of the reasons that played a part in Musgrave being let go.

6 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Yea, but 22 of the those came in two games. So he averaged 4 catches per game in the other 14. Imo a first round pick with his talent should be more involved.

The overall numbers can mask things like him going 2 quarters without a target. They forget about him throughout games far too often. He's their first or second best playmaker. That can't happen.

And I doubt this alone is why Jack let him go but I've watched games before where they've struggled to move the ball and would say to myself, "wow, they haven't thrown it to Cooper once the past three or four drives". That shouldn't be happening.

Cooper had 132 targets this year, Crabtree 145.

11 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Makes sense. Downing has more to do with Carrs development than Musgrave. Same reason Lovie got fired in Tampa 

Yeah, Bucs and Giants fired their HCs and promoted their OCs, and got better; the Bears kept Fox and allowed Gase to leave, and got worse, while Gase' Dolphins made the playoffs.  Imagine how good the Colts could be if they fired Pagano, and promoted Arians.

Downing must be a really good coach.