Jonboy

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boom.  

COREY DAVIS, WR, Western Michigan 6'3, 213 lbs, Senior Round Projection: 1st Stats 2016- 97 catches, 1500 yds, 19 TDs 2015- 90 catches, 1436 yds, 12 TDs 2014- 78 cat

I think you'd be better off looking at mid round prospects at the TE position.

45 minutes ago, titantez said:

Two defensive players in the first....Deal with it!

I'm on board with this, unless they make a defensive haul in FA, then I'm OK with a TE or WR at 18

41 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm on board with this, unless they make a defensive haul in FA, then I'm OK with a TE or WR at 18

Judging by the FA talent pool. I feel like we'll have to fill holes on defense not offense in FA and then draft one playmaker high on offense to appease Robinson's and Mularkey's "playmaking target" statements. But again, luckily we have two picks.

I have a hard time seeing us being satisfied with subpar WRs for Mariota next season.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Judging by the FA talent pool. I feel like we'll have to fill holes on defense not offense in FA and then draft one playmaker high on offense to appease Robinson's and Mularkey's "playmaking target" statements. But again, luckily we have two picks.

I understand the thinking and realize this is how things might unfold but I'd still rather see the additions made heavily on defense.

I'd prefer maybe a mid level WR in FA, and a WR in the 3rd or later. Otherwise I'd like to see a run at one of the big defensive free agents like Berry/Truman Johnson/Hightower, more defensive additions like Logan Ryan.

Then in the draft with the 5th pick someone like Adams/Foster/Lattimore then another defensive player like Barnett. I'd even rather see Howard at 18 over a WR.

I'm talking major defensive upgrading

37 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I have a hard time seeing us being satisfied with subpar WRs for Mariota next season.

They've made too many comments expressing unhappiness about the WR group. I agree.

Edited by socaltitan

If he runs a sub 4.5 then there is no question in my mind he will be a top level X in the NFL. The article kept referencing how he didn't do well against top competition, yet he posted 6 catches or more against Ohio State, North Western, and Wisconsin. His QB was terrible, and their entire team was over matched. The whole competition thing goes both ways when you look at his production versus his quarterback. 

Possible but I am just not on him at 5.  He and Garrett have high bust potential.  I think Garrett is the most overrated draftee in 30 yrs.  He 55% of his sacks came against Jerry's kids.  He got eaten alive by the good SEC teams.  His motor is average and he thinks he is the shit.  A recipe for diaster and it figures the Browns will take him.  

I have not felt this strong about a guy in the top five being avoidable since Adam Jones.  

Edited by Bongo59

28 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If he runs a sub 4.5 then there is no question in my mind he will be a top level X in the NFL. The article kept referencing how he didn't do well against top competition, yet he posted 6 catches or more against Ohio State, North Western, and Wisconsin. His QB was terrible, and their entire team was over matched. The whole competition thing goes both ways when you look at his production versus his quarterback. 

Haha. I had the same thought. Not to mention that those teams knew he was the best player on their team and they had to stop him.