Jonboy

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boom.  

COREY DAVIS, WR, Western Michigan 6'3, 213 lbs, Senior Round Projection: 1st Stats 2016- 97 catches, 1500 yds, 19 TDs 2015- 90 catches, 1436 yds, 12 TDs 2014- 78 cat

I think you'd be better off looking at mid round prospects at the TE position.

Finally, USC wideout Darreus Rogers is out west training at the same facility as Clemson’s Mike Williams and Western Michigan’s Corey Davis, the top two receivers in the draft.

I’m told that during pass-catching drills, Rogers has looked the equal of Williams and Davis and oftentimes was the best receiver of the three when the trio worked out together.

Speed is the major question on Rogers, one that won’t be answered until the combine.

My suggestion: don’t automatically dismiss Rogers if he’s not swift during the combine and pay attention to his pass-catching workout.

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-february-17th

good to see Davis/Williams aren't scared of a bit of competition during their draft preparation by training together.

42 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Finally, USC wideout Darreus Rogers is out west training at the same facility as Clemson’s Mike Williams and Western Michigan’s Corey Davis, the top two receivers in the draft.

I’m told that during pass-catching drills, Rogers has looked the equal of Williams and Davis and oftentimes was the best receiver of the three when the trio worked out together.

Speed is the major question on Rogers, one that won’t be answered until the combine.

My suggestion: don’t automatically dismiss Rogers if he’s not swift during the combine and pay attention to his pass-catching workout.

good to see Davis/Williams aren't scared of a bit of competition during their draft preparation by training together.

That's cool they are training together. Little bit weird I guess too lol.

4 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

That's cool they are training together. Little bit weird I guess too lol.

have heard the top QB's being prepared by the same QB coach, but its not that often the two top prospects at a particular position not only train at the same facility but at the same time.

its only a minor thing but its good for both guys that they aren't afraid of competition.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Impressive!

CBS Sports have Darreus Rogers as their 25th best WR and a 5-6 round grade.

doesn't look like he will beat anyone with speed but some of those above the head catches were very impressive, if we are still looking for a 4-5th WR late in the draft, wouldn't mind bringing in Rogers to compete for a spot.

On 2/8/2017 at 7:25 AM, Jonboy said:

Just to throw some water on this fire...

I listed to the ESPN First Draft podcast and McShay said this Davis pick was a little bit of a stunt pick to get attention. He does legitimately think Davis could be the first WR drafted though, but that 5 is probably too rich. Says he could see us taking Lattimore if we stay at 5 and don't pick a WR, and taking a WR with the second pick. Davis and Williams don't necessarily belong in top 5 or even top 10 to him.

Kiper agreed that Davis at 5 was a stunt, but that if he falls to our second pick he could see it.

Starts at 28:20 in QB Musical Chairs: 2/10/17 if you want to hear them talk about it yourself.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/3881101

I have us moving down to 10 with Buffalo and taking Davis and Jones at 18 in my latest mock giving us a true #1 X WR and pure cover CB who shadows opposing teams #1 WR worst case or best case he shadows opposing #2 with Bouye blanketing opposing teams #1

6 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah both said a good comparison for Corey Davis was Terrell Owens and a good comp for Mike Williams was Dez Bryant. I do think from a trait standpoint Davis seems like the better fit.

If Corey Davis and Mike Williams are anywhere close to as good talent wise as Terrell Owens and Dez Bryant it's a good "problem" to have deciding between the two. And neither as far as we know carry the character concerns like TO and Dez have shown

Edited by socaltitan

7 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah both said a good comparison for Corey Davis was Terrell Owens and a good comp for Mike Williams was Dez Bryant. I do think from a trait standpoint Davis seems like the better fit.

I've said Corey Davis reminded me of TO since I saw him.