2017 Draft Profile: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Jonboy

3 hours ago, Supdawg said:

My wet dream is to get one of the defensive studs plus C. Davis....

Give me Hooker, Allen, Adams, Foster + Davis and I can die a happy man. 

I've been trying to figure out a scenario where we could come away with Foster and Davis. It's still early, but for me right now, that would be my ideal first round.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boom.  

COREY DAVIS, WR, Western Michigan 6'3, 213 lbs, Senior Round Projection: 1st Stats 2016- 97 catches, 1500 yds, 19 TDs 2015- 90 catches, 1436 yds, 12 TDs 2014- 78 cat

I think you'd be better off looking at mid round prospects at the TE position.

On 1/10/2017 at 6:29 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

don't know if it will be significant come late April, but the difference between winning/losing that meaningless week 17 game against the Texans could be in a position to take Davis or not.

You are likely not wrong, but if Robinson wants him then he'll make it happen. 

Just now, BeedoeLaw said:

That would be absolutely nut worthy! J Rob's legend would grow by leaps and bounds.

Likely impossible without trades, but I could easily see us drop back to 10-12 and still get a defensive stud while also grabbing the second rounder that would allow us to move back up with one of our 3rds and a second next year. If we don't get the combination then it likely won't be because we couldn't have, just that the overall value wasn't there. 

Damn, this kid is legit too.

He doesn't quite have the ability to shake off tacklers like Williams does, but if he gets behind you, he's gone. He definitely seems to have another gear that Williams doesn't. Both guys can catch anything you throw at them.

I don't think we could go wrong with either choice.

I'd love a burner, but a reciever doesn't have to be to be effective, good, or even great. Jerry Rice supposedly ran a 4.59, fwiw.

The fact is, whoever we have at receiver is going to benefit from catching passes from Mariota as much, if not more so, as Mariota will benefit from having said receiver.

I want defense with that first pick, but if JRob can swing a trade or two and move down from the 5 spot then maybe he can grab Davis with the 18th pick or maybe even move up from 18 with some of the resources he gets from moving back from 5 if he doesn't think Davis will make it to 18.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

I bet he is under 4.5.  More than fast enough and might even get into the low 4.4.  He looks fast to me.

I think he looks faster on his highlights than his regular game footage. This is such a hard thing to gauge correctly but I'm going to guess Davis runs between a 4.51-4.55. And Williams will run between a 4.47 and 4.52.

5 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

I think he looks faster on his highlights than his regular game footage. This is such a hard thing to gauge correctly but I'm going to guess Davis runs between a 4.51-4.55. And Williams will run between a 4.47 and 4.52.

No way

Just now, Dmeade- said:

According to their school websites:

Mike Williams 6'3 225

Corey Davis 6'2 205

It cracks me up how you can find so many varying results on that stuff. We won't know for sure until the combine. 

6 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

According to their school websites:

Mike Williams 6'3 225

Corey Davis 6'2 205

That's crazy!  If I didn't know any better I'd guess Davis had about 20 pounds on Williams.  His arms are twice as big and he looks much bigger around to me.