Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K

Reuben Foster - The truth

116 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Aside from Watson, Mike Williams impressed me more than anyone last night. Would be hard to justfiy taking him at #5 for me at least. If he's there at #18, I wouldn't hesitate. 

Foster was all over the field and I can see why he's highly regarded. That being said...he's not perfect. He was caught out of position a few times and missed some tackles. It is kind of crazy how he doesn't generate more turnovers despite how hard he hits.

I would understand the Howard pick, but I can't see myself being too excited about him at 18 tbh.

I'm not saying you are now but This kind of thing gets blown out of proportion especially around here. The negative gets talked about more then the positive even in Fosters case when there is very little negative to say. 

All good even great LBers miss tackles and get caught out of position. Top pass rushers get shut down, Elite CBs get burnt for TDs and great WRs drop passes it's just part of the game. 

I seen quite a bit of nitpicking on Foster and like you said he's not perfect you won't find a player who is but he did nothing that game except prove he is every bit worth a top 10 pick if not top 5. 

He will be a very good player and leader of someone's defense for a long time! 

I would be ecstatic if we drafted him. We NEED a player like him on defense.

OILERMAN and Kyle021 like this

5 hours ago, siamesedinasour said:

Well, maybe they would trade their youngest and most promising WR for a backup offensive lineman. Amirite? 

Maybe Adams can't read, write and likes to beat up women? 

If so maybe we can send them Bell.

7 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

........the defense could not stop the passers in this division........and that is why we lost.

This times 1000

patsplat and AvgJoe like this

Bottom line is it is a passers league and teams that can reduce the passer rating will win and those who get lit up will lose.  We were lucky to beat the Bears and only won because they couldn't catch as an example.  

But we don't neccesarily need super stars we only get in the 1st round.  Another safety like Byard (either 3rd) and a 1st round CB (5 or 18) could go a long way.  Might be great if it works out the BPA is a S and CB in the 1st.  But we could go WR or TE and can still end up having a solid draft for the defense.

5 hours ago, Jd8 said:

I'm not saying you are now but This kind of thing gets blown out of proportion especially around here. The negative gets talked about more then the positive even in Fosters case when there is very little negative to say. 

All good even great LBers miss tackles and get caught out of position. Top pass rushers get shut down, Elite CBs get burnt for TDs and great WRs drop passes it's just part of the game. 

I seen quite a bit of nitpicking on Foster and like you said he's not perfect you won't find a player who is but he did nothing that game except prove he is every bit worth a top 10 pick if not top 5. 

He will be a very good player and leader of someone's defense for a long time! 

I would be ecstatic if we drafted him. We NEED a player like him on defense.

Yeah, I would generally agree. I was trying to watch him with a high level of scrutiny for this game. 

Fwiw, pff had him graded him Bama's best defender of the game. https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-grades-for-every-key-player-in-clemsons-national-title-game-win-over-alabama/

The bottom line is this: Next year when we have a fixed secondary capable of stopping the pass by doing things other than commit pass interference, we can take a WR. A lack of defensive talent prevented us from making the playoffs plain and simple. 

If Williams ends up being who Robinson picks I will accept it and be fine with it. But I have a very hard time believing he was watching our games and in love with our defensive play. 

7 hours ago, TeamRobinson said:

I always get so confused when I hear that name, my baseball team has a player named Hunter Renfroe and you pronounce it the same way. Just looked it up and there was an article on it. :4_joy: I digress.

Renfrow seems SOLID, I would be more than pleased to see him on the team.

Ha I thought the exact same thing!  Padres farmhand, big time power, should contend for ROY this year in the national league.  I really like him.

TeamRobinson likes this

50 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yeah, I would generally agree. I was trying to watch him with a high level of scrutiny for this game. 

Fwiw, pff had him graded him Bama's best defender of the game. https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-grades-for-every-key-player-in-clemsons-national-title-game-win-over-alabama/

And the best grade of anyone in that game - even over Watson, Williams, etc. Foster is a complete player and would be a huge asset to our defense.

What's everyone's expectations on what Foster will run? Is he a 4.4 guy? 

His play and instincts remind me of Ray Lewis. 

9 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Id say at best he is a sub 4.6.

Huston likes this

Can I just say, isn't it nice that we will realistically have multiple options to choose from out of Foster, Adams, Hooker, and possibly Allen?

Supdawg and headhunter like this

13 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Can I just say, isn't it nice that we will realistically have multiple options to choose from out of Foster, Adams, Hooker, and possibly Allen?

It's also nice that we're not discussing taking Cam Robinson at 5 or trading down for Ryan Ramczyk later in the 1st. 

8 hours ago, Supdawg said:

Because his strength is instincts his 40 times is really not that important, he's def explosive

If Foster goes below 4.5 he will be a top ten pick for sure.   I think he will be 4.5-4.57  The key with him is instincts and how fast he diagnosis plays. He plays faster as a result.  

Plus it depends on how well he interviews with Big Dick Lebeau.