Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K

Reuben Foster - The truth

116 posts in this topic

If I can pick two players to be on this team from yesterday game it's Foster first and Howard second. 

Foster is fucking ferocious. Immense talent. Great football acumen. 

Mike Williams dropped the mic on being the #1 WR in the class. He was clutch. 

Humphrey needs another year. He was abused

Just now, AvgJoe said:

Just imagine Foster at #5 and Howard at #18. That would be a banner day. 

Yes. Unreal. 

I wouldn't be upset if we passed on Howard at 18 for a #1 CB or FS

TE is loaded

Dmeade- likes this

Aside from Watson, Mike Williams impressed me more than anyone last night. Would be hard to justfiy taking him at #5 for me at least. If he's there at #18, I wouldn't hesitate. 

Foster was all over the field and I can see why he's highly regarded. That being said...he's not perfect. He was caught out of position a few times and missed some tackles. It is kind of crazy how he doesn't generate more turnovers despite how hard he hits.

6 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Just imagine Foster at #5 and Howard at #18. That would be a banner day. 

I would understand the Howard pick, but I can't see myself being too excited about him at 18 tbh.

Stranger, Face and Soxcat like this

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Aside from Watson, Mike Williams impressed me more than anyone last night. Would be hard to justfiy taking him at #5 for me at least. If he's there at #18, I wouldn't hesitate. 

Foster was all over the field and I can see why he's highly regarded. That being said...he's not perfect. He was caught out of position a few times and missed some tackles. It is kind of crazy how he doesn't generate more turnovers despite how hard he hits.

I would understand the Howard pick, but I can't see myself being too excited about him at 18 tbh.

Agree all around. Williams impressed me with being clutch. We knew he was a big WR that could get up. He still can't get separation though. On almost all his big catches the defender was in good position. I still prefer Corey Davis over him. If either were available at 18 I'd be fine with it.

Foster is a beast and confirmed that for me. Yes he was out of position and missed a couple tackles but he's got everything to be a top LB in the league. He is a mean motherfucker who I want leading our defense. 

OJ Howard I'm still not excited about. He's a good player but there are several TEs that are good outside of the 1st round. Leggett impressed me. Outside of the bad drop he had he was pretty solid all night.

Watson should be the #1 QB. idk if that means he will be a top 5 pick but the guy is a gamer. The other QBs have all the tools but Watson is the only one id be willing to put out there week 1. The others seem like projects.

headhunter and mmmmmbeeer like this

I'd love to get Howard as well, but I think you always have to read the tea leaves so to speak. It seems pretty clear they want to upgrade WR. And I don't think that just means adding depth. I think it means a significant move. They fired both WR coaches. Mularkey all throughout the season and before was very critical about the WR. Mike Keith (who I think is more connected than we give credit for) has talked a lot about the Titans upgrading WR. Robinson himself has dropped subtle hints about it in some of his comments.

We saw this last year with how much the Titans talked about improving the running game and OL and they clearly did that in an aggressive manner. It remains to be seen how they do it (draft, trade, FA), but it seems pretty evident to me we're going to try to make a big upgrade to WR.

Edited by socaltitan
titansfan and titansfb like this

Yes. At this point, he's probably my favorite player in the draft for us, Garrett and Allen included. I think Foster alone makes our defense better than any other individual in the draft would. Dude is freakishly good.

prometheus and kgsTitan like this

6 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Agree all around. Williams impressed me with being clutch. We knew he was a big WR that could get up. He still can't get separation though. On almost all his big catches the defender was in good position. I still prefer Corey Davis over him. If either were available at 18 I'd be fine with it.

Foster is a beast and confirmed that for me. Yes he was out of position and missed a couple tackles but he's got everything to be a top LB in the league. He is a mean motherfucker who I want leading our defense. 

OJ Howard I'm still not excited about. He's a good player but there are several TEs that are good outside of the 1st round. Leggett impressed me. Outside of the bad drop he had he was pretty solid all night.

Watson should be the #1 QB. idk if that means he will be a top 5 pick but the guy is a gamer. The other QBs have all the tools but Watson is the only one id be willing to put out there week 1. The others seem like projects.

It could be an interesting dilemma. 5 is probably too high for Williams or Davis. But 18 might be too low. I don't see Williams being there at 18. I've started to see more rankings with Davis in the top 15. If he has a strong Sr. Bowl Week and follows it up with a good combine/pro day, I wouldn't be shocked if he starts to get some top 10 talk.

I don't think we're going to draft Howard. I really like him and would be very happy if we were picked, but I don't get that hunch. All the early indications are they want to upgrade a WR and I think they want to make a big upgrade there. Maybe they get someone in FA or trade, but I think the odds of them taking a WR with one of the 1st round picks is pretty good imo. I just don't know where you'd take Williams or Davis (I prefer Davis). I've mentioned I think there's a chance some team (Bills, Browns) tries to leapfrog the Jets and trade with us. If we were able to trade down with the Bills (pick 10), I still think there's a decent shot Foster, Adams, or Hooker could fall there. If not, Solomon Thomas could be a good fallback option. Williams and/or Davis have pretty good odds of being there at 10 as well.

35 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I'm with you on Mike Williams. Not crazy about #5 as I feel Defense is a must, but I became a fan of his last night. He showed immense toughness, laid his body on the line, and completely took over the game. Very impressed. He's not the sissy, diva WR that would piss and moan when getting hit.

titansfb likes this

2 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Adams at 5.  That is what I want. 

I don't dislike this.  I consider myself (assuming Allen off the board) at Foster as 1A and Adams as 1B with Hooker being my other preference.

Foster is going to break his neck if he doesn't stop leading with his head.

7 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I'm with you on Mike Williams. Not crazy about #5 as I feel Defense is a must, but I became a fan of his last night. He showed immense toughness, laid his body on the line, and completely took over the game. Very impressed. He's not the sissy, diva WR that would piss and moan when getting hit.

When Watson threw the goal line pick in the game against PITT a few months ago, Williams chased the defender about 65 yards down the field before diving to make a shoestring tackle. That play really impressed me seeing him hustle like that. A lot of WR, especially diva WR, wouldn't even try

Edited by socaltitan
AvgJoe likes this

The thing about Howard is not he's a good TE, so there are several others.  Howard may be elite.  The draft is not full of possible elite TEs.  Delaine might fall off the edge this year, it could be anytime now.  He great, but he has taken a lot of big hits.  Having his replacement in development is not a bad idea. Howard is the guy they went to for big clutch plays.  He was wide open every time.  They saved him for clutch situations which sacrificed a lot of his production during the year.

AvgJoe and Jazz like this