Apple Virus??

Number9

I have had my Mac Air for three years.  It a 2012? model.  Just recently, I started to get a gigantic cursor arrow at times.  My son went into the terminal and tried to repair a program I have on my machine.  I just mention that because it's the only time anything happened within the system.  Now I checked and he left my firewall down, it's been three days.  Thanks Junior.

14 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's started making the arrow ten times regular size. Never seen it do that before. 

Constantly or just when you move the mouse rapidly? They make it get huge when you move it rapidly because that's usually because people are trying to find the mouse on the screen. 

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Constantly or just when you move the mouse rapidly? They make it get huge when you move it rapidly because that's usually because people are trying to find the mouse on the screen. 

Is that part of the new updates?  You hit the nail on the cabosa.  Thanks!!

10 hours ago, Ryudo said:

. Christ learn something about the amazing technology you are using before you use it.

A big part of Apple's core philosophy and business model are built on the assumption that very few people do this....and they've been right.

5 minutes ago, nine said:

A big part of Apple's core philosophy and business model are built on the assumption that very few people do this....and they've been right.

Computers are like any other form of technology. People don't know how their car works. They don't know how their AC works. They don't know how their plumbing works. 

And that's fine. Occasionally you need to hire an expert to fix/replace your piece of technology but otherwise you just use it. 

Apple has historically made things easier to use than the competition. There are downsides and limitations to this approach but it is better for most users (all things being equal). 

Even Apple has been getting away from that philosophy though, especially since Jobs left. 

There are way too many changes, updates, etc. that affect the GUI's and the things your average person is accustomed to. 

Me personally, I'm fairly computer savvy but I'm sick and tired of having to learn new interfaces all the time.  Rarely do I consider it an upgrade as opposed to wasting my time. 

20 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Even Apple has been getting away from that philosophy though, especially since Jobs left. 

There are way too many changes, updates, etc. that affect the GUI's and the things your average person is accustomed to. 

Me personally, I'm fairly computer savvy but I'm sick and tired of having to learn new interfaces all the time.  Rarely do I consider it an upgrade as opposed to wasting my time. 

Apple's Mac interface is mostly the same but I do think Apple has made the iPhone interface more confused with 3D Touch (also on Macs with trackpads). Simplicity is important and I agree that Apple has made things more complicated. It gives people more features, but I often don't like the trade offs.

34 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Apple's Mac interface is mostly the same but I do think Apple has made the iPhone interface more confused with 3D Touch (also on Macs with trackpads). Simplicity is important and I agree that Apple has made things more complicated. It gives people more features, but I often don't like the trade offs.

More features than only a small percentage of people want, and which causes aggravation to the average user. 

Archived