Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T

Browns fire Horton +/- replace with Gregg Williams

19 posts in this topic

Maybe he can team up with Whisenhunt and they can shop themselves to teams as an package deal with a three-step program for success.

Step 1.) Terrible HC + terrible DC.  

Step 2.) Two negatives cancel each other out to make a positive result.

Step 3.) Profit

dannynj, 8MM, scine09 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard somewhere that Whisenhunt may stay on to run offense and they want to hire a defensive minded coach. They may be headed for a couple lame duck years if they move or stay in sandiego at least until they get new stadium somewhere.  Ray Horton could be just the guy to run your team for couple meaningless years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nine said:

Maybe he can team up with Whisenhunt and they can shop themselves to teams as an package deal with a three-step program for success.

Step 1.) Terrible HC + terrible DC.  

Step 2.) Two negatives cancel each other out to make a positive result.

Step 3.) Profit

'We'll have you picking the top QB in the draft in no time at all!'

Number9 and wiscotitansfan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear Horton was a helluva DB coach...

just saying.

tgo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coaching is so weird. It was considered a huge boon when we got Horton 3 years ago.

GW is an upgrade though & a good move by Hue Jackson, they have similar personalities. 

I still love GW's D & if DLB was fired he'd be right at the top of my list.

With him running a 4-3 they could draft Allen as the 3 tech next to monster Danny Shelton as the 1 tech. With Ogbah & Nassib as the DE's they could have a nasty front 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gregg Williams is a big change from Ray Horton. Browns will have a ton of new players on that defense. Surprised at Hue Jackson to make that big of a change. Browns will struggle on defense, for a couple of years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it seems hortons stock as fallen, similarly to @Face there was a lot of excitement that we were getting one of the younger and best DC's in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gregg Williams may come after our assistant DBs coach Steve Jackson who coached under him in Buffalo and Washington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Gregg Williams may come after our assistant DBs coach Steve Jackson who coached under him in Buffalo and Washington. 

Well our DBs sucked. 

tgo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Gregg Williams may come after our assistant DBs coach Steve Jackson who coached under him in Buffalo and Washington. 

Chuck Cecil and Brandon Fisher coached DBs under him with the Rams, so he's more likely to bring them along. Dave McGinnis was also on his staff there. Might as well lure Jerry Gray away from his cushy situation coaching the Vikings secondary. And then, when Schwartz replaces Hue Jackson in a year or 2, the Browns will have churned through the entirety of the Titans' recent defensive coordinator history.

tgo and SuperFreak90 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titaninpgh said:

Chuck Cecil and Brandon Fisher coached DBs under him with the Rams, so he's more likely to bring them along. Dave McGinnis was also on his staff there. Might as well lure Jerry Gray away from his cushy situation coaching the Vikings secondary. And then, when Schwartz replaces Hue Jackson in a year or 2, the Browns will have churned through the entirety of the Titans' recent defensive coordinator history.

Was thinking Cecil and Gray as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tgo said:

Was thinking Cecil and Gray as well. 

I feel like GW & Gray's relationship  might've soured a bit their last year here. Just a guess though.

tgo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Gray and Tommy Campbell started a janitorial business together

HOTT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.