How would you rank this years CBs?

gnawed

1 minute ago, KnoxTitan said:

I like Tabor a lot. I know he gets picked apart by the analysts, but that guy showed up every Saturday in the SEC. I like the other Gator corner as well.

Sidney Jones might be my #1. Lattimore #2. Tabor #3.

I'd stay away from King (speed issues), Adoree Jackson (he's an athlete, but not a cover guy), Marlon Humphrey (IMHO, a lot of those Alabama defenders look better than they are - the unit is better than the individual parts). Let me clarify - I like these guys, just not at #5 or over the other guys above.

I don't like any of these guys at 5

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then why are you responding to me and not the poster who was talking about prospect rankings?

So far I really like King the best. He doesn't seem to be the best athlete but tape trumps combine numbers IMO and his reveals few flaws. Sidney Jones and Tankersley have the most future upside to me

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 1h1 hour ago This draft has the deepest/most talented group of CBs I've seen in several years. Also, loaded with edge rushers, safeties, and TEs.

So far I really like King the best. He doesn't seem to be the best athlete but tape trumps combine numbers IMO and his reveals few flaws. Sidney Jones and Tankersley have the most future upside to me but for very different reasons. Tankersley has a lot of bad technique to improve upon and Jones just doesn't have the body of an NFL corner yet.

The guy that I enjoy watching the most is Sutton though. I love how he challenges receivers at all levels of the the field, his athleticism, and ability to drive on the ball. Problem with him is he's really undersized and likely a nickel, when we need an outside guy. If he's there in the third though, I snatch him up. He reminds me of KC's Steven Nelson.

Adoree is just an athlete to me, I wouldn't touch Tabor in the 1st or second, and haven't watched Wilson or Lattimore yet. Not sure what to make of Humphrey. He's good but I don't see anything special. Gotta watch him more.

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

So far I really like King the best. He doesn't seem to be the best athlete but tape trumps combine numbers IMO and his reveals few flaws. Sidney Jones and Tankersley have the most future upside to me but for very different reasons. Tankersley has a lot of bad technique to improve upon and Jones just doesn't have the body of an NFL corner yet.

The guy that I enjoy watching the most is Sutton though. I love how he challenges receivers at all levels of the the field, his athleticism, and ability to drive on the ball. Problem with him is he's really undersized and likely a nickel, when we need an outside guy. If he's there in the third though, I snatch him up. He reminds me of KC's Steven Nelson.

Adoree is just an athlete to me, I wouldn't touch Tabor in the 1st or second, and haven't watched Wilson or Lattimore yet. Not sure what to make of Humphrey. He's good but I don't see anything special. Gotta watch him more.

Sutton was poised for a really big year before the injury this season. I think he could've played his way to being a first rounder. 

He's also a solid return man.

Here's a piece on him before the season: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/top-nfl-draft-prospects-vols-cameron-sutton-arguably-top-cornerback/

It's such a cluster fuck. Even the pro scout reporters can't even get close to agreeing on an order that's even close to each other. I gave up watching and took a couple in FA to be safe.

From what I watched:

Desmond King is going to be underdrafted, he might be the best football player out of the group but his combine will be important.

Quincy Wilson has the size your looking for in a cover CB, he looks a pretty safe bet.

Tabor has the swagger that can be successful in the NFL, not sure if he was thrown at that much in college.

Marlon Humphrey, I'm a little more unsure about but he has the tools, just lacking some ball skills.

Might straighten out after the combine, but I have:

1. Quincy Wilson 

2. Desmond King

3. Teez Tabor

4. Marlon Humphrey

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm up and down on Tankersley.  He'll make one huge splash play and you're like THERE IT IS! and then he misses a tackle, takes a bad angle, gets caught holding the WR because he got beat on the ball all in a row.  Can't deny the kid has talent though.

21 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I'm up and down on Tankersley.  He'll make one huge splash play and you're like THERE IT IS! and then he misses a tackle, takes a bad angle, gets caught holding the WR because he got beat on the ball all in a row.  Can't deny the kid has talent though.

Yeah. I feel you on that. Tankersley really popped to me last year when I was evaluating Mackenzie Alexander and saw this prototype corner blazing around the screen making plays left and right. I just thought "man, why isn't this kid on anyone's radar"? That is until I looked him up and saw he wasn't coming out. But yeah, that's what I was alluding to with the technique comment. He's inconsistent but I think it's due to technique issues which can usually be hammered out but aren't ideal in a day 1 guy which is pretty much what we need. As a prospect he reminds me a bit of Xavien Howard last year. Looks the the part like a mofo and can play but needs some work before he's up to the challenge of facing #1 NFL receivers year 1.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:14 PM, Kyle021 said:

Tankersley is the best as far as I'm concerned and a top 10 talent

Tredavious White may jump into the first

I would say 

Tankersley

Jones

Lattimore

I saw him give up on a td in the game. I can't cosign for TANKersley.