Jack Conklin - AP All-Pro RT

Jonboy

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Titans Report fans in a nutshell... Fans: "We never get any respect!" 5 Titans named to the Pro Bowl Fans: "Pro Bowl means nothing. All-Pro is what really matters." Rookie RT Jack

Wrong. RT is almost as important as LT in today's NFL.

Pretty incredible for anyone, much less a rookie.  Full ballots here...  

It's probably much more likely for a strip-sack if a LT gets blown up but if you have a great pass rusher against an ish RT (which you will) then the offense will get destroyed anyway.... If anyone needs proof, just watch Justin Houston against lesser RTs. He causes game changing play after game changing play.

1 hour ago, 52O said:

Would you rather fight a fully healthy tiger you see coming at you or a tiger with one leg missing but you won't know it's near till its teeth are sunk into you

Would you rather get a handjob from a guy with only a right arm, whose name is "Lefty" or have sex with a jar of mayonnaise while lying on a pool table covered with honey?

If you don't know WTF I'm asking, then you are experiencing what the rest of us do when reading your post about tigers.

23 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Would you rather get a handjob from a guy with only a right arm, whose name is "Lefty" or have sex with a jar of mayonnaise while lying on a pool table covered with honey?

If you don't know WTF I'm asking, then you are experiencing what the rest of us do when reading your post about tigers.

I don't know what any of this means but I do know that it just moved a little. Is that wrong?

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

How dumb to harp on the blind side when teams for over a decade have been sticking their best pass rushers on the right side to take advantage of a slow footed RT.  It also shows a total lack of knowledge of the passing game.  Two stud OTs means you don't need to focus on helping on the outside so help can focus on the blitz and inside guys.  And this kind of stupidity comes after we witnessed how bad a poor RT can be at getting your QBs killed?  If anything this is a brilliant strategy we will see more of as teams realize the benefits.  RT might not ever be what LT is in importance but it is the 2nd most important spot on the OL and more important now than ever.   Ask Kearse how nice it is to go against "serviceable" RTs.   He ate them for lunch in his prime.  The Eagles are paying Lane Johnson $11 mil a year.  

http://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/

http://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/

LTs as a rule make twice what RTs make but that doesn't mean they are twice as good.  Just means they are the cream of the crop.  RTs still need to be darn good in pass protection or the QB will not last long.  Notice what teams pay their RTs the best.  

yup. NFL GMs must be stupid too. Why do you think pass rushers line up on the right side? Could it be because they know the RT is inferior when it comes to pass protection? 

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

blind side. I'll keep saying it until you get it. 

You do realize that every single one of his sacks in the Superbowl came against the RT? If you are going to have your best player playing NOT the blind side in the biggest game of his career can you be so cocky with that answer?

3 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You do realize that every single one of his sacks in the Superbowl came against the RT? If you are going to have your best player playing NOT the blind side in the biggest game of his career can you be so cocky with that answer?

ask yourself why he lines up on the right. By the way no one said RT is isn't important. It's just not as important as LT. While I thought Conklin was taken too high if you take a RT there he better be elite and Conklin is. Win win.

Edited by oldschool

25 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Would you rather fight Cian Fahey armed with IRA-era weapons without ammunition + 13,000 litres of expired Guinness, or Jason La Canfora armed with Russian cyber espionage technology aimed at your naughty browsing history regarding Strunk and Tommy?

Just now, oldschool said:

ask yourself why he lines up on the right.

I get that, what is so hard to understand about needing a good/great RT in pass protection? I honestly can't tell which side you are debating because I don't go back and analyze all the posts in this thread.

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

I get that, what is so hard to understand about needing a good/great RT in pass protection? I honestly can't tell which side you are debating because I don't go back and analyze all the posts in this thread.

exactly, read my edited post. I'm disputing the silly notion RT is as important or almost as important as LT.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

exactly, read my edited post. I'm disputing the silly notion RT is as important or almost as important as LT.

Okay, now that I understand what side that you are on... What is so difficult to understand about teams NEEDING RTs who are great in pass protection.

Idk what you are quantifying as "almost as important" but it has been proven time and time again that a good LT paired with a bad RT can be catastrophic and lose a game.... The exact can be said about a great RT paired with a terrible LT. Either way, good teams need both to stop pass rushers.