Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OILERMAN

Republicans are starting the process to repeal Obamacare, damage to follow

177 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2017 at 4:28 PM, Downtown said:

Out of curiosity, who here is actually on Obamacare? Who has health insurance through the exchange or is forced to use the exchange? 

Healthcare costs for Americans who get their insurance through work or the government have experienced a slower rate of increase than before Obamacare was enacted. I'm just curious who is absolutely AGAINST the ACA and why? Don't give me some politically slanted opinion piece that is copy and pasted from an opinion website. Give me real world use and costs. 

I have BCBS for me and my son, no/limited Rx coverage. Premiums went from $405 / month to now $678.

Seems all the usual posters who claimed HRC would win in a landslide are saying the replacement will falter. Stick to football schemes you dolts.

41 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The GOP plans to deliver tax cuts to the rich to cut services to the poor.

Then the rich are going to trickle down that money and give the people more minimum wage jobs.  Then when they spend that money with rich people, they are going to trickle some more money.  Imagine a huge reservoir filled with water, cruise liners, party boats, surfers, people having fun biggly and a little crack in the reservoir just trickling that water to millions of thirsty people.  

14 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

So, if we start treating old age for what it is, instead of a disease that can be cured, does that make us dicks?

Medical professionals seem to be convinced that we should be (continue) spending vast resources to keep people alive and thriving well beyond their realistically productive years.  Shouldn't it be okay to tell someone in their 80s that they're just worn out, instead of expecting them and their insurance to spend $60-80-100K/yr to stay active?

I have a friend whose mom is in her late 70s, and Medicare and her PI are paying out the ass to replace her knees, because they bother her after spending the day on the golf course.  Can't she limit herself to 9 holes?  Or take up swimming?

When does it become okay to tell someone that smoked for 40 years that they shouldn't expect to live past 70?  Or tell a few more people that their diet is responsible for their heart condition, not their insurance company.

We know we have an aging population in this country, and we know nothing lasts forever.  When will we start being realistic about who should bear the cost of keeping people alive beyond reasonable expectations? 

Wow, the realist comes out now.  

So, old people, or people who are sick, should be told tough shit for their choices, or for just growing old, that they need to deal with their choices.  But bring up the poor people who did not seek an education or a trade skill, stayed in a place with little opportunity, then their shirt factory moves overseas, everyone is just elitist snobs for bringing up the choices that got them there?  

So that we have this straight....

"I made some poor choices that lead to my current health, or I grew old".  

"well, sorry, it's unfortunate for you, but it's the way it is"

and

"I made some poor choices that lead to my current economic situation".  

"Don't worry, it's not your fault.  The globalists have it in for you".  

It's pretty cool how you're able to float between realist and offended with such ease.  Well, not really, it's the defining behavior of a hack.  

You're a real piece of work, duckie.  You try to deny it, but it's apparent at every level.  What's worse is you may not be able to even comprehend you do it, which is really sad as it suggests some level of brain washing that you can't quiet think fairly for yourself.  

WG53, Downtown and Btowner like this

Democrats:  Hillary will win!!  Trump will not get anywhere near 270 electoral votes!!!

<<November 8:   He does>>

Democrats:  Hillary will win!! The electors will go rogue and will not cast their votes for Trump!!

<<December 19:  They do>>

Democrats:  No fair!!  It was rigged!  It doesn't count!!

<<January 6:  It does>>

Democrats:  Well everything Donald Trump and the Republicans will do will fail!!

<<Keep going guys>> 

Now repeat after me, democrats:  "We lost.  We lost.  We lost."

Posted (edited)

There are 4 senators right now who aren't on board with repeal and delay. If Trump is actually against then you'd think it would be DOA. These senators want a replacement plan now. Governing is always harder than being the opposition. It's much easier to all say "no" in unison than it is to agree on an affirmative path forward.

Edited by Titans279

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

Wow, the realist comes out now.  

So, old people, or people who are sick, should be told tough shit for their choices, or for just growing old, that they need to deal with their choices.  But bring up the poor people who did not seek an education or a trade skill, stayed in a place with little opportunity, then their shirt factory moves overseas, everyone is just elitist snobs for bringing up the choices that got them there?  

So that we have this straight....

"I made some poor choices that lead to my current health, or I grew old".  

"well, sorry, it's unfortunate for you, but it's the way it is"

and

"I made some poor choices that lead to my current economic situation".  

"Don't worry, it's not your fault.  The globalists have it in for you".  

It's pretty cool how you're able to float between realist and offended with such ease.  Well, not really, it's the defining behavior of a hack.  

You're a real piece of work, duckie.  You try to deny it, but it's apparent at every level.  What's worse is you may not be able to even comprehend you do it, which is really sad as it suggests some level of brain washing that you can't quiet think fairly for yourself.  

The 30 y/o can be retrained, and that can happen for a few thousand per year over 2-3 years.  Transporting that person via subsidies or tax breaks for job relocation purposes is in a similar realm, cost wise. 

I have no problem with either Mr. Smartass.  The ROI from the re-trainee over the next 30 years is a tangible asset.

Now, compare that to the cost of rebuilding the health of a 68 y/o lifelong smoker.

The 75 y/o heart, lungs/kidneys/liver etc either cannot be replaced, or costs tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to replace and maintain, and does not guarantee the mind and/or the rest of them will continue to function. 

Knees and/or hip replacements are in the tens of thousand$ each also,...  So they can play golf?  Tennis?  Squash?  Racquetball?

Your two scenarios are not even remotely comparable.

You want socialized medicine?  Stand and be prepared, you won't like the results.

Those are the drivers of outrageous health insurance costs, and any country with socialized medicine can prove it to you.

So can any insurance actuary. 

But beyond that, most social scientists will be happy to explain to you why young wage earners don't want to pay outrageous premiums for health insurance, so their boss's aging SiL can get those knees replaced, or their octogenarian neighbor can get a heart transplant.  

Especially when the latter is driven by a cardio-thoracic surgeon in town, that wants to send his little girl to the university in style.

7 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Seems all the usual posters who claimed HRC would win in a landslide are saying the replacement will falter.

There is no replacement

Time to come up with a plan!

By saying both parties need to "come up with a health care plan that really works," Trump appears to admit he doesn't have a concrete plan to replace President Barack Obama's signature health care law, which has given millions of people access to health insurance.

That suggestion comes a day after Vice President-elect Mike Pence headed to Capitol Hill to talk to congressional Republicans about the ACA, offering zero specifics about the GOP's health insurance plan, but promising that the ACA will be repealed.  

Justafan and 'Nator like this

What Trump said he would replace Obamacare with during the campaign:

"Something great"

Justafan and 'Nator like this

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

It's so weird to me that Trump isn't just treated like a complete bullshit artist by everyone yet. 

It's obvious that's what he is, right?

It's like an alternative universe or something. 

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

It's so weird to me that Trump isn't just treated like a complete bullshit artist by everyone yet. 

It's obvious that's what he is, right?

It should be a wake up call for both parties. America elected the most unqualified person to ever run for President because they were tired of politics as usual. Hopefully it won't take more than a few terms to reverse the damage he's about to do, especially abroad.

Justafan likes this

33 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It should be a wake up call for both parties. America elected the most unqualified person to ever run for President because they were tired of politics as usual.

Yeah, but we survived his presidency anyway.

His "Reign of Error" will be over on the 20th of this month.

We'll survive the next one too.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Yeah, but we survived his presidency anyway.

His "Reign of Error" will be over on the 20th of this month.

We'll survive the next one too.

Go back a little longer, 20th of Jan. 2009. The guy who started his term with the only ever major terror attack on our soil and book ended it with the worst financial crises since the great depression. Oh, and in the middle he went to war with the wrong country based on proven lies. 

We are no longer in a rescission. We did not suffer another large scale attack. Obama didn't lead us into new wars. Obama's term was worlds better than Bush's.  

Edited by 'Nator
Justafan and Downtown like this

15 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

Go back a little longer, 20th of Jan. 2009. The guy who started his term with the only ever major terror attack on our soil and book ended it with the worst financial crises since the great depression. Oh, and in the middle he went to war with the wrong country based on proven lies. 

We are no longer in a rescission. We did not suffer another large scale attack. Obama didn't lead us into new wars. Obama's term was worlds better than Bush's.  

Sorry bud, but:  "Better than Bush's" is hardly an endorsement, or even an indicator of success on any level.

Denali and IsntLifeFunny like this