Malik Hooker, S, Ohio St. - Scouting Report

THE_TITAN

What's your point?  Do you think Adams gets burned more than Hooker?  Hooker is a FS, Adams is a SS, that plays a lot as a hybrid LB type.

But even so, Hooker is either late or gets burned a number of times when he's supposed to be providing help over the top.  More than Adams does.

I like Byard in our FS role, and grabbing someone more suited to SS in the draft.  It's that simple. 

8 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

What's your point?  Do you think Adams gets burned more than Hooker?  Hooker is a FS, Adams is a SS, that plays a lot as a hybrid LB type.

But even so, Hooker is either late or gets burned a number of times when he's supposed to be providing help over the top.  More than Adams does.

I like Byard in our FS role, and grabbing someone more suited to SS in the draft.  It's that simple. 

My point is that I see a lot of the same issues with Adams' film as you and @THE_TITAN see with Hooker's film. Missed tackles and coverage issues. My point is if you wouldn't take Hooker at 5 because of these issues, it seems to me like you wouldn't want Adams either. I like them both. I probably prefer Hooker more because of his speed and ball skills, but I wouldn't mind if either of them were the pick at 5.

10 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

My point is that I see a lot of the same issues with Adams' film as you and @THE_TITAN see with Hooker's film. Missed tackles and coverage issues. My point is if you wouldn't take Hooker at 5 because of these issues, it seems to me like you wouldn't want Adams either. I like them both. I probably prefer Hooker more because of his speed and ball skills, but I wouldn't mind if either of them were the pick at 5.

Neither played a perfect game against Wisky, I get that.  But that isn't a factor for me.

Again, you're missing my point.  It's not about Hooker vs Adams for the FS position.  It's about Hooker vs Byard @Free Safety. 

I don't believe Hooker is a better FS than Byard.  And I believe Adams is (will be) a better Strong Safety than either Byard or Hooker.

I don't think either Hooker or Adams will be the BPA for us if we stick at #5. Adams is more pro-ready but Hooker has better range and a higher ceiling. Hooker will end up predominantly a FS and Adams predominantly a SS - but safeties generally have to be able to switch in to either role for the most part nowadays (unless you have a straight thumper playing the strong role).

Edited by THE_TITAN