Malik Hooker declares for the draft

Handcuffed

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are so many people so hell bent on trading down? We are pretty much assured a game changer at 5. I don't want to miss out on a stud player. Garrett, Allen, Hooker, Foster, and Adams are all worthy

Everyone declare. Just say no to college and keep overloading this draft. 

More choices = better

I haven't done a lot of looking up on Adams from LSU, but I know many people here was wanting him, however I think that was with the assumption that Hooker was going to return. How do they compare in everyone's eyes?

9 minutes ago, Barastyr said:

I haven't done a lot of looking up on Adams from LSU, but I know many people here was wanting him, however I think that was with the assumption that Hooker was going to return. How do they compare in everyone's eyes?

Hooker is a ball hawk who can let you stay in base packages against 3-WR sets more easily. Adams is a hitter who can fill up the box on short-to-gain downs.

Against Andrew Luck (and with our secondary in general + with Byard's skillset), I'd rather have Hooker. But they're 1A and 1B.

Edited by Handcuffed

For those not familiar here's how Walterfootball and scouts supposedly see him:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/OhioState_logo.gif

OhioState_logo.gif Malik Hooker**, S, Ohio State 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.47. 
Projected Round (2017): Top-10 Pick. 

12/10/16: Hooker has been one of the breakout draft prospects in 2016. He has totaled 67 tackles with five for a loss, .5 sacks, four passes broken up and six interceptions with three returned for touchdowns this season. 

The evaluators who love Hooker feel he is a safety who can do it all. In coverage, he is fast and athletic with the skills to defend the deep part of the field. Sources also say Hooker has the length and strength to play in the tackle box. They also like how Hooker drives down on the ball. They feel he is a fast, rangy defender with good ball skills. Right now, they think Hooker is on his way to being a top-20 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. 

Two top national scouts from NFC teams said that Hooker's skill set is the best they've seen from a safety since Eric Berry. They like Hooker more than Jamal Adams, Jabrill Peppers or Marcus Maye. One scout said, in his opinion, Hooker could end up being an elite safety prospect comparable to Berry or the late Sean Taylor. Many in the scouting community feel that Taylor was the best of the best in terms of safety prospects this century. Both of these scouts believe that Hooker is a future top-10 pick. 

Some other team sources said they have been impressed by Hooker, but at this point, think he would be rated behind Adams and Peppers for them. Numerous team sources believe that Hooker is going to end up being their top-rated safety for the 2017 NFL Draft.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017S.php#9KA78YoIbBsuOMfy.99