Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jonboy

Glazer: Texans Could be Surprise HC Opening

61 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I thought the speculation was never that he was getting fired, but that he was going to step down. 

Jonboy likes this

17 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

These owners sure love to butt in and screw things up

So far, ownership appears to be one of the most promising aspects of the Titans' situation.  AAS seems to be doing exactly what smart ownership should do:  hire quality football people, then get the hell out of their way and let them do their jobs.

helimachoptor, OILERMAN and Number9 like this

19 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

Lance Zierlein on 790 says it's 100% fact that McNair took Derek Carr off the board and also demanded the signing of Osweiler over the objection of Smith and O'Brien.

Zierlein is very reliable too.

I always thought Smith was pretty sharp.  After getting OS, I put him in the butter knife drawer.

The owner doesn't know shit about football.  So, he hires the best people he can find.  They do a good job.  Then comes the biggest decision about improving the franchise and the owner tells the best decision makers to STFU.

Pft reporting O'Brien could leave of his own volition. Apparently he can't stand Smith. 

13 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Pft reporting O'Brien could leave of his own volition. Apparently he can't stand Smith. 

Smith probably can't stand his OC, offensive scheme and play calling.

At some point, when do people start wondering about O'Brien's attitude? After two years at Penn State, he was bitching about the boosters, Paterno supporters, and college politics. 

It seems, similar to Harbaugh, his attitude eventually drives everyone nuts.

oldschool likes this

I wonder if the Texans winning yesterday is going to mess up his chances with moving on to another franchise if that is really what he wants to do; that other franchise might get tired of waiting and move on to another candidate. 

I absolutely can't stand O'Brien.  He's one of my least favorite people, player or coach, in the game.

On 1/8/2017 at 11:13 AM, oldschool said:

More fuel to the fire...

On 1/8/2017 at 10:13 AM, oldschool said:

I wish O'Brien would leave the AFC south. I think he's a pretty good coach. It's going to be interesting to see how the Osweiller situation pans out next year.

McClain is going to look like a fool if O'Brien leaves

2 hours ago, patsplat said:

would love to see Patriots lose next week

NFL

Not freakin' likely. 

After reading this...I think he's done in Houston.