Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jonboy

Glazer: Texans Could be Surprise HC Opening

61 posts in this topic

Glazer is usually spot on...but I just don't see this happening. It does seem clear he's speculating, but he's absolutely well informed. Perhaps maybe if they absolutely force Osweiler on him for another year?

Isn't the consensus the GM forced Osweiler on O'Brien? If so why would he be forced out?

OILERMAN likes this

Texans are in a bad spot

They have a great roster minus QB and no shot at winning the SB

I have no idea how much the HC is to blame for the QB problems.

They actually should have kept Hoyer

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Isn't the consensus the GM forced Osweiler on O'Brien? If so why would he be forced out?

This was my understanding of it. He never even got to meet with Osweiler before they signed him. 

Perhaps it's actually O'Brien who wants out?

SuperFreak90 likes this

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Maybe the GM and ownership are pissed Savage is playing? Only thing that makes sense.

Justafan likes this

The only way this happens is if one of the other openings wants O'Brien and he wants them instead of the Texans. There is no reason for the Texans to willingly let with him.

I hope this happens.  He actually knows how to dominate the division so firing him would be great for us.

Honestly this would be awesome. BoB is a great HC.

17 minutes ago, Face said:

Honestly this would be awesome. BoB is a great HC.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think he's a great HC? Offense is suppose to be his specialty. This year, besides the running game, the Texans' offense is ranked near last in every category. The offense isn't even close to the Pats' offense.               

The offensive performance today, has been the norm this entire season. Unlike the Shanny/Kubiak offense, you have no idea what he's trying to accomplish. Even with Hoyer and Fitzpatrick, when he's gone against the better defenses, the offense has gotten destroyed. See the KC playoff game last year.

begooode likes this

I have no idea whether he's a good coach or not, he looked pretty bad switching QBs last year early on and the Texans roster is loaded minus QB.

Doesn't matter though, Texans don't have a QB and unless they get one they won't contend

Justafan likes this

So, it is actually plausible that Mike Mularkey soon becomes the dean of AFC South coaches.

Jamalisms likes this

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Look at all the openings! Denver?

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I have no idea whether he's a good coach or not, he looked pretty bad switching QBs last year early on and the Texans roster is loaded minus QB.

Doesn't matter though, Texans don't have a QB and unless they get one they won't contend

The $72 million Osweiler mistake will force them to have to turn to the draft to fix that.