Bills Fire Rex Ryan

TitansGuru

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll be the first to say it.  If LeBeau doesn't return I'd be all for hiring Ryan as the DC.  He lives in Nashville he'd have to be interested.

I wish him the best while he tries to get his foot in the door for another position.

I agree.  You know my feelings on Rex Ryan as a HC.....he's horrible. At the same time why fire him coming off 2 middle of the pack years?  What exactly do these guys expect when you're given Tyr

13 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Generally there with you on all accounts. Three full years is the minimum a coach should get. Almost any coach. Every time.

Tom Landry had losing records each of his first 5 seasons in Dallas. He turned out to be pretty good...

Coaches get paid a lot today and they are expected to win now, not later. But even the best coaches can't win with a bad roster. And it's generally the bad teams doing in the hiring. They aren't all going to turn things around quickly regardless of the coach.

Edited by Starkiller

I'm in the camp with people who say if Dick Lebeau hangs it up, which I haven't seen any indication of and is only a possibility due to his age, I'd be ALL for bringing in Rex. We'd have to have the inside track and I don't see anyone offering him a head coaching job this year. The guy can coach defense. He was good enough at it to get two head coaching jobs. You almost always see guys like this do well when they go back to a coordinator role. Just look at what Romeo Crennel and Wade Phillips after failing as head coaches and going back to coaching defenses. Rex Ryan is every bit of the same ilk.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

Rex Ryan's firing could be more about defense than what they did with Tyrod Taylor.

Ryan was expected to bring an elite defense. He didn't. But he seemed to point the finger at the offense when things didn't go well.

Agree. On offense, they actually run the ball better than the Titans and they are 3rd in the AFC in scoring. The offense wasn't the problem.

Prior to his arrival, Jim Schwartz had the defense playing at a very high level. Rex came in, changed the scheme, alienated many of the defensive players who publicly complained about dropping DEs into coverage and not letting the DL attack like they did under Schwartz. 

So, his underwhelming defense and his constant need to run his mouth, got him fired.