Rogue One spoiler thread

Starkiller

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last scene with Vader was one of the best moments in all of Star Wars. Rogue One also addressed the most questionable plot mechanisms in the original trilogy in a very believable way. It was

It was much better than Jamal gives it credit for. Not sure how you can call a movie where 95% of the good guys die a feel good story. 

They probably had too many hat tips/Easter eggs to Star Wars. Like the guys Obi Wan attacked in the bar an Tatooine... why the hell did he need to be there? And the motion capture Tarkin was a bi

Posted Images

6 hours ago, TitansWycheck89 said:

The Empire Strikes Back didn't have a happy ending and it's considered the best Star Wars movies and one of the best movies all time.

Well, there is a big difference in Han being frozen in carbonite vs everyone dying.

I've told people it's more like a war movie than a Star Wars movie just so they know what they are getting into. It's kind of like Saving Private Ryan, except it's saving Private Death Star Plans. 

This is the franchise where Anakin murdered the Jedi kindergarten kids.  Ordinary characters are sacrificed by the planet to move the plot forward.  Throughout the Star Wars movies, the rebels barely win at great cost through the extraordinary efforts of supernatural heros.

Rogue One was the story of ordinary protagonists with none of the heros.  Ergo, they all were doomed.

It's not a twist to be consistent.

Rogue One is a giant retcon for the pathetic vulnerability of the Death Star.  Star Wars has the best fans, they'll overcome any dumb plots from George Lucas.

16 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Rogue One is a giant retcon for the pathetic vulnerability of the Death Star.  Star Wars has the best fans, they'll overcome any dumb plots from George Lucas.

Disney is going to whore out every Star Wars plot imaginable. $$$$

I'm part of that problem, I'll pay and watch.

37 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That may be true, but they are still better than Lucas' prequels...

Cabbage is better than cat turds but that's not good enough for me to build a diet  around it!

I've always dived into Star Wars vs Star Trek but honestly Public Security Section 9 from Ghost in the Shell would take down the Empire in an instant.

Why did the fleet just hyperjump into a star?  Um they got hacked...

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 0:13 AM, patsplat said:

It isn't possible to spoil this movie

I avoided this thread and just saw it last night...Everything went pretty much exactly as expected besides the fact that I didn't expect them to use the death Star at all