Sign in to follow this  
MIKE75

CB Adoree Jackson Kills Two Birds With One Stone

MIKE75   

Yep. I am already scouting players for the 2018 NFL Draft.

This next draft we need to get some linebackers.

We need to draft the best pass rushers we can find.

Bottom line 2018 needs to be about one thing.....DEFENSE.

Kyle021   
4 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

Yep. I am already scouting players for the 2018 NFL Draft.

This next draft we need to get some linebackers.

We need to draft the best pass rushers we can find.

Bottom line 2018 needs to be about one thing.....DEFENSE.

Keep Malik Jefferson in the back of ya mind

can be a big time Edge or ILB. He's very versatile

kind of a cross between Houston, and Ingram

MIKE75   
18 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Keep Malik Jefferson in the back of ya mind

can be a big time Edge or ILB. He's very versatile

kind of a cross between Houston, and Ingram

Just think next year if we can draft some really good studs on defense to go along with our high powered offense we will be a lock to be one of the best teams in the AFC. I'll be very glad when Brady retires. I'll be pissed if we make it all the way to the AFC title game only to run into those fuckers. If Brady and Belichick win it all this year they need to go out on top like Jordan did with the Bulls back in the late 90's. The way Belichick is going crazy in free agency suggests he is gearing up for one big final run.

Soxcat   

IMO we really have to see how things shake out this year to even have a feel for where our needs are. 

ILB might make a bunch of sense especially if we pick mid to late 1st round. 

If Dodd works out we aren't desperate for an edge rusher and where we pick we might not have an opportunity for a great one anyway.  Obviously if a real good pass rusher is availble you take him either way.

At CB we have a high potential rookie and two 2nd year guys that might be able to step up (right now Sims is a starter).  So we might be more talented there with young guys than we think. 

On the DL we are actually pretty stacked.  AJ will push for a starting spot and Jones is also pretty good.   Late first round could be a spot to take a real good NT or pass rushing DT if one is available.

Ss are a little different than other positions on defense.  You can usually find good ones in FA for a decent price (1/2 of what a good CB costs) especially SS.  If Byard ends up being a stud it might be hard to justify a SS in the first round.   

Bottom line is we are getting to the point where we need quaity over quantity.  You might even have made that argument in the last draft and JRob was free to trade up to get a few of our players (Taylor and Brown, he also traded back to gain some picks).  I'd expect even more of the same going forward with JRob targeting the player he likes  and not being afraid to trade up for that guy.  He knows in the later rounds it can be a numbers game so he is willing to trade back and gain picks as well. Now it becomes a startegy to get players that play specific roles to help the team in various packages.