Sign in to follow this  
MIKE75

CB Adoree Jackson Kills Two Birds With One Stone

MIKE75   

Once a year around draft time i'll come up with one player maybe two that i really like.

I leave the mocks to Kyle....

BUT, There is one player on my radar already that could really help.

CB Adoree Jackson 5ft 11in,185 pds.  Projected 40 time 4.42 He returned two kickoffs and two punts for touchdowns this season so we could have a good returner AND corner in one. Last guy we had did well his name was Adam 'Pacman' Jones.

Jackson could be a good corner as well as special teams ace that way we can finally say goodbye to Mariani.

I was already iffy on taking Humphrey out of Bama but after reading this below at Walterfootball no way do i want Humphrey who could be another Dee Milliner.

Humphrey has had issues playing the ball this season. He is very good at preventing separation as he can vertically stay with wideouts and run the routes with receivers, but some opponents have made catches over him. Against Arkansas, Humphrey gave up a few receptions, including a touchdown. He also had a rough game against Ole Miss as he gave up a few completions downfield, including a touchdown.

Edited by MIKE75

MIKE75   

HAVE to replace Mariani in 2017. Either with Jackson,King or whoever.

We need to find a CB or someone that has return skills.

Good call on Jackson there.

There were so many mocks that had them taking Jamal Adams at #5, but as good as he is I never saw it happening.

They already have 3 good safeties in Cyprien, Searcy, and Byard so why would they use such a high pick on Adams?

Kyle021   
On 12/12/2016 at 11:06 AM, MIKE75 said:

Once a year around draft time i'll come up with one player maybe two that i really like.

I leave the mocks to Kyle....

BUT, There is one player on my radar already that could really help.

CB Adoree Jackson 5ft 11in,185 pds.  Projected 40 time 4.42 He returned two kickoffs and two punts for touchdowns this season so we could have a good returner AND corner in one. Last guy we had did well his name was Adam 'Pacman' Jones.

Jackson could be a good corner as well as special teams ace that way we can finally say goodbye to Mariani.

I was already iffy on taking Humphrey out of Bama but after reading this below at Walterfootball no way do i want Humphrey who could be another Dee Milliner.

Humphrey has had issues playing the ball this season. He is very good at preventing separation as he can vertically stay with wideouts and run the routes with receivers, but some opponents have made catches over him. Against Arkansas, Humphrey gave up a few receptions, including a touchdown. He also had a rough game against Ole Miss as he gave up a few completions downfield, including a touchdown.

Really shoulda linked my thread about A'Doree in August/September before the year began bruh

Kyle021   
On 5/16/2017 at 6:19 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

There were so many mocks that had them taking Jamal Adams at #5, but as good as he is I never saw it happening.

They already have 3 good safeties in Cyprien, Searcy, and Byard so why would they use such a high pick on Adams?

I said this time and time again

it was clear we were going CB in 1 but everyone noted DLB defense never had a first round bc as excuse to sub in their favorite player. 

Adoree is going to be special. 

Soxcat   

Guys, Mariani isn't even on the roster.  The signed Weems before the draft to take his spot as a returner. 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Obviously if we wanted a DB and WR in the 1st round we had to go the route we did or miss out on the better WRs and with the depth at CB we had multiple choices with our later pick. 

If we were in the same spot next year in the draft a guy like Adams in the first round makes a bunch of sense.  But this year CB and WR were higher priorities.  The question is if Davis and Jackson were the right picks.  The positions taken in those spots was the right move for sure.

7 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Obviously if we wanted a DB and WR in the 1st round we had to go the route we did or miss out on the better WRs

Everyone before the draft expected them to do it the other way around taking Lattimore at #5.

But then they would have had to settle for Williams or Ross if either of them was still available at #18, a really big if.

With all 3 WR's gone by then they would have been shit outta luck and would have been forced to make a huge reach for a WR.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Soxcat   

No, we probably take OJ Howard and still get a guy like Taylor later.  I doubt JRob reaches for a WR in that scenario.  If we take Lattimore and Howard with Taylor later we still have a darn good draft but certainly miss out on a #1 type WR. 

But either way the CBs left on the board were pretty impressive at #18 where the next best WR was a 2nd round talent.  Even if we miss on Jackson we had Conley, White or King available so JRob played it perfectly by getting his WR (and the one of the three he wanted) first.  Brilliant move. 

Number9   
On December 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM, MIKE75 said:

Now we know JRob's secret source.