Good Year to Need a CB?

Jonboy

Looking through PFF's top 32 prospects for 2017, it seems the Titans may have picked a good year to need a CB (or two). These guys are all in the top 32:

4.) Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

6.) Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida

9.) Desmond King, CB, Iowa

11.) Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

19.) Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

22.) Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-college-football-top-32-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft/

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd much rather go the CB route in free agency and the front seven route in the 1st round.

Kid from USC is better than all those cats.  Adoree is my guy.  

Quincy Wilson CB Florida Marlon Humphries CB Alabama Marcus Lattimore CB Ohio St Adoree Jackson CB USC If those four declare they might be better than anyone on that list. Very dee

There is some really good secondary talent this year. You have to think they will address this with one of the first round picks. I would like a big time pass rusher as well.(Derek Barnett)

Quincy Wilson CB Florida

Marlon Humphries CB Alabama

Marcus Lattimore CB Ohio St

Adoree Jackson CB USC

If those four declare they might be better than anyone on that list. Very deep indeed.

I think the Rams might stink enough to get us close to Jonathan Allen with their pick, that's a no nonsense Jrob pick right there.

Take whatever talented DB is there with our pick. I think we will target 2 vets in FA at CB, like Dre Kirkpatrick and Prince Anukamara.

Edited by Kirkster

King is the best/most pro ready on that list. Jones has great upside but not an NFL body. Tankersley is the prototype modern CB and he really popped when I was watching Alexander last season but he's looking a little shaky to me now. He's almost a little stiff. Gotta re-watch him though.

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

King is the best/most pro ready on that list. Jones has great upside but not an NFL body. Tankersley is the prototype modern CB and he really popped when I was watching Alexander last season but he's looking a little shaky to me now. He's almost a little stiff. Gotta re-watch him though.

What King lacks in athleticism he makes up for in technique. Reminds me of Haden. 

Sidney Jones is a stud. He might be 180 and will need to get around to 190 but he has that Kevin Johnson type style. 

I think both will be great pros

CB is deep, but it doesn't feel like there's a real consensus top guy. 1st round track record for CB in recent years has been pretty spotty too. I'd rather try to address CB in FA/trade instead. Maybe if we find way to get a 2, we can take a CB there.

2 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

What King lacks in athleticism he makes up for in technique. Reminds me of Haden. 

Sidney Jones is a stud. He might be 180 and will need to get around to 190 but he has that Kevin Johnson type style. 

I think both will be great pros

Agreed. Jones is just so dynamic and has a nose for the ball but as a CB purist it's hard for me to not like a fundamentally sound CB with great ball skills like King. I like that they can both slip as people fall in love with the prototypes like Jackson and Tankersley.