Chip Kelly in real danger of being one and done at the 49ers

AussieTitanFan08

some interesting developments out of the 49ers, in the last 48hrs a couple of well respected mouthpieces linked to 49ers ownership have come out and openly criticised Chip Kelly's coaching and expressed their disappointment at how far the 49ers have regressed.

some 49ers insiders interpret this as a warning shot directly fired at Chip Kelly, if things don't improve over the next 8 weeks there is a real possibility he gets fired at the end of the season.

wouldn't be the first HC being one and done recently.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

His system doesn't work in the NFL. Kelly is used to having 90 man active rosters in college and that don't work in the NFL.

You also need power at the point of attack

The Niners have the worst QB, OL, and possibly WR's in the NFL. His QB's are Blaine Gabbert & s checked out Colin Kaepernick. His offense has been very good when he's had a modicum of talent.

I don't remember teams beating down his door last year...and that was before the Niners debacle.   If he gets fired this year (which seems likely) he may have no choice but to go back to the college game.

Harbaugh couldn't win with this team either. Their roster is a complete joke. Baalke needs to go. It doesn't matter who coaches this team. They have no chance at success anytime soon. 

Chip needs to get out. If they fire him he will be lucky. There is a rumor out there that Phil knight (Nike owner and Oregon alumni) wants to offer $10+ mil to a top level coach to come to Oregon. I would imagine Chip is on their radar. 

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Team seems to be well improved to me and only getting better.

But I guess JR is entirely responsible for that.

Mularkey IMO has been at worst a middle of the pack HC this year. The narrative that he's a total bum was obviously completely wrong. 

Archived