FIRST TAKE on NFL Ratings Down;

TitanRein27

The poll conducted, mind you, consensus from a collegiate committee, results the following;

National anthem protests                              56%

Presidential campaign                                    50%

Domestic violence issues                              47%

Oversaturation                                                 44%

MLB Postseason                                              39%

Quality of play                                                  33%

Head injuries                                                    33%

According to Seton Hall Sports Poll, conducted nationally.

Are you still watching football as much as you always have?

What's the deal with all this down-ratings-bullshit?

Oversaturation???

Colin Kaepernick???

By the way, Atticus, just busting your balls bro, and JonBoy... Solid post.

2 hours ago, MariGOATa said:

I agree but if that were the case NO ONE would watch the NBA with the contracts going on there.

I was making fun of Number9 and only that, he starts multiple threads a week whining about bad GMs overpaying bad QBs and it is ruining the whole NFL.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I was making fun of Number9 and only that, he starts multiple threads a week whining about bad GMs overpaying bad QBs and it is ruining the whole NFL.

That guy along w titanwycheck, 9 nines and titantez are the nuts of this message board.

I don't doubt that the poll accurately reflects the answers people gave, but I seriously doubt the anthem protests are really the reason people aren't watching. I think maybe the poll gave them an outlet to express disgust with the protests, but I don't believe there are a ton of people who would otherwise want to watch a game but choose not to simply because of the anthem protests. Maybe it's a factor for people who are marginally interested to begin with, but I'd argue some of those other reasons listed are probably why they're only marginally interested in the first place.

5 hours ago, TF_Titan said:

I don't doubt that the poll accurately reflects the answers people gave, but I seriously doubt the anthem protests are really the reason people aren't watching. I think maybe the poll gave them an outlet to express disgust with the protests, but I don't believe there are a ton of people who would otherwise want to watch a game but choose not to simply because of the anthem protests. Maybe it's a factor for people who are marginally interested to begin with, but I'd argue some of those other reasons listed are probably why they're only marginally interested in the first place.

This is a good post.  People think thats the problem but I find it very hard to believe.

Archived