Browns at Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

They still had to get a two pointer on one of the TDs, they failed

Exactly, maybe he thought his QB or play calling was in a good rhythm and went for it. Eventually they had to make a two pointer. I don't see the reason for calling him a dumb ass.

Sometimes when you're the underdog, you have to take some chances.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous throw.  Marcus, redeemed.

How good has Orakpo been? He might hit double digit sacks by midseason.

Mariota doing a lot of promising things in this game, retard play aside

Can someone give me a decent summary of the game?  I was driving out of town through an area with awful radio and cell reception so I really only kept up with the score.  

How was Marcus?  The defense?  Was special teams still a mess?  

Just happy we're back at .500 regardless

Just now, Mercalius said:

Can someone give me a decent summary of the game?  I was driving out of town through an area with awful radio and cell reception so I really only kept up with the score.  

Browns shut down the run, Mariota made them pay with long plays, Wright had a great game 100+

Brown scored and recovered an onside to make it look a lot closer but missed the last onside attempt

4 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Just happy we're back at .500 regardless

Mariota was largely superb. Made a really a bad decision to throw back across his body and it got picked. Could've cost them, but the defense stepped up there. 

Next drive he led was superb. Lofted a beautiful pass to Fasano for the TD. Also had two bombs that were complete today. Both were slightly overthrown, but Wright and Matthews made some really nice catches. 

Cleveland set out to stop Murray and bottled him up most of the day. Still broke off a few solid runs after we backed them off with the deep passes.

Defense followed their typical blueprint until the Titans got up 28-13. That's when disaster struck. Browns drove down the field and got the TD, went for 2 and failed. Special teams reared its ugly head again and the Browns recovered the onside. Went down and scored again to make 28-26. Poor tackling on those last 2 drives. 

Thankfully, Andre recovered the next onside to save the day.

All in all, it's good to get the win. Most people would be feeling a lot better right now if we hadn't nearly threw the game away with a terrible 4:00 stretch by the defense and special teams. Still...the team is on a 2-game winning streak and back at .500. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

For someone who started Pryor in FF I can say the ending was absolutely perfect

Hurry up and get to work on your "I told you so" post about Wright!

I was right there with you on that one. Always felt like he'd be a key cog in this offense.

Just now, Jonboy said:

Hurry up and get to work on your "I told you so" post about Wright!

You mean the "Savior"?

He was used exactly like we'd hoped he would be used. Hopefully it continues

Hue Jackson also made a terrible call not kicking the FG when they got in range.  They had I believe 2 timeouts if not 1 with enough time to not recover the onsides kick and make the Titans run plays.  They needed 2 scores and instead of taking the quick score they ran almost all of the time off the clock.

Just piss poor game management by Hue Jackson all the way around.