This is for the simpletons who believe player protest is the reason for the ratings decline

luvyablue256

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody is tuning out because of a player taking a knee.  Not a single person. 2016 election and some awful SNF/MNF games are the cause of it.

It was the game of the week.  All the players watched along with the all football fans.  It was an event.  Now, it's just another game.  If it's a marque matchup, then everybody watches.  But a game b

Yeah, I remember asking and being asked, "what are you doing for MNF?" Now it's more like "did you watch that game?"

The ratings have declined bc the NFL is oversaturated. The bubble popped when fantasy leagues disappeared for daily fantasy. Now people just go about their days, maybe check out "their team" while checking stats on phone throughout the day. 

Most people don't give a shit about a Thurs, Sun, Mon game + London. MNF used to be a holiday. 

2 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

MNF used to be a holiday. 

It was the game of the week.  All the players watched along with the all football fans.  It was an event.  Now, it's just another game.  If it's a marque matchup, then everybody watches.  But a game between Winston vs Newton with Newton on the bench.

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

It was the game of the week.  All the players watched along with the all football fans.  It was an event.  Now, it's just another game.  If it's a marque matchup, then everybody watches.  But a game between Winston vs Newton with Newton on the bench.

Yeah, I remember asking and being asked, "what are you doing for MNF?" Now it's more like "did you watch that game?"

I think all factors are in play and no question some people are tuning out because of the protests.  Personally, I only really watch the Titans. I can catch moments of other teams but not the whole game. Stars are lacking- defense has been hammered with rule changes. In the process of increasing scoring to attract the casual fan and fantasy geeks, they changed the game for the worse.

The NFL can look on the bright side like a Fortune 500 reporting a bad Q: once you have a downward slide in earnings you set the bar lower to overcome in the form of increased earnings next time around.  Let's recall this in 2-3 years to see if the trend continues or if there is a bounce back up. 

I think the college football playoffs have hurt the NFL.  I'm more interested in the college game than the NFL with the exception of the Titans.

Kap's protest means nothing to me.  It has absolutely no effect on which weekend games I target to watch.

Edited by ctm

1 hour ago, luvyablue256 said:

That article is for the simpletons who believe spoiled brat,  racist,  anti American protests have nothing to do with the decline. 

See?  I can do that too simpleton. 

Let's not forget locking team specific coverage behind a shitty deal with the Direct TV devil. I'm considering paypal-ing some streamer in Eastern Europe just so I can get decent coverage of the Tennessee Titans product. Coverage should not be attached to directTV. 

I agree with the London argument, the Thursday night football argument, and the point about the debates. 

20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Peter King said today that ratings decline every 4 years when the election happens.  People become more interested in the election and aren't as focused on the NFL.  That's probably the biggest reason.

It is absolutely a major factor, and this race obviously has generated more mass market coverage than say Obama/Romney.

There has just been a lot of bad QB play and good defense.

The NFL did it's best to create of league of Tom Bradys. ie. exciting, elite passing attacks and movie-star quarterbacks. But defenses have adapted and now it's a league that's regressing again. And that's hurting the fair-weather fantasy fan.

I just hope the league lets the rules breath and allow offenses to adapt for once.