Windows 10 Anniversary Update

wiscotitansfan

Anyone install this yet?

I need to install this update soon but am waiting for most of the issues to be gone. My friend was auto-updated yesterday when he was working at a convention right before his presentation, luckily he had all his data stored in an online server so was able to use a different PC. He said it is a good update so far but completely reconfigured his video settings. Heard others had difficulty with audio/video drivers.

Just curious about if anyone has done this yet and what horror stories they have encountered or if they just had annoyances like having to reconfigure the computer but no real issues otherwise.

53 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Just had a client who updated their file server machine and it changed their network settings. Simple enough fix but it did lock out the users until then. 

Thanks. Glad to know that all the people I have talked to haven't heard any horror stories.

Playing Xbox games on PC is well worth the hassle of trying to figure out all the settings that will be altered.

Had another one today that I think was tied to the Anniversary update, too. A guy's Canon printer would print but not scan. A simple uninstall and re plugging the USB cable didn't change things. I went to the website to download the newest drivers so I could uninstall and re-install. The drivers had been updated just last Friday. So I'm guessing that the update broke the Canon Toolbox software and scanner drivers and they had to push out an update.

Desktop was fine. 

Laptop was tough. Granted, it was a Windows 7 computer. Anyways, the laptop got stuck during a reboot.  if you encounter this, you can try disconnecting all USB peripherals. That worked for me. 

The biggest problem that I encountered was that my wifi and Ethernet would not work after the update was completed. I had to uninstall and reinstall my virus scan software and my firewall. After that, it appeared to be okay. 

Is it possible that I got auto-updated and never knew? Tried loading all the manual windows update files/drivers and wasn't anything major on the list, I also never had to do any setup things at any point prior to make it seem like a OS overhaul was implemented. I never use the start menu so can't say if there was any change there.

Everything seems exactly the same as a few months ago when I first loaded Windows 10 onto the system but I am able to use a program that supposedly requires the anniversary update.

The Start menu is the easiest way to tell of you got the update. The power and settings buttons (among others) are no longer labeled.

If you leave the PC on overnight (or maybe you left it on for a long stretch during the day) it could have updated itself without you knowing. Otherwise you should have seen it update.

21 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The Start menu is the easiest way to tell of you got the update. The power and settings buttons (among others) are no longer labeled.

If you leave the PC on overnight (or maybe you left it on for a long stretch during the day) it could have updated itself without you knowing. Otherwise you should have seen it update.

Thanks! That's what I figured, I will check when I get home but the fact that I never use the start menu made me forget what it looked like before to notice a difference. I don't remember seeing any label on the power symbol last night so that must be the case. Guess I got lucky with the fact that nothing was altered to the point of me even noticing any setting changes

Archived