Joey Bosa polls

Joey Bosa Polls  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is at fault?

• Bosa
    • The Chargers
    • Both
  2. 2. Will Bosa re-enter the 2017 draft or sign a contract with the Chargers?

• 2017 draft
    • Chargers
  3. 3. Would you want him in the draft?

• No, he is a diva.
    • No, he will be overvalued (he will likely be valued at around a top 20 pick)
    • Yes, he is a top ten talent.
    • Yes, but only if he fell out of the top ten.

I'm curious how the board feels altogether about Bosa. I know there are two threads but I think numbers may tell a better story.

I personally think that the Chargers are at fault but I'd be wary of taking Bosa when (IMO) he enters the 2017 draft. I think that there are better prospects and bigger positions of need than Bosa and his character isn't exactly the best and that matters a shit ton to JRob

Edited by MariGOATa

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people are jealous and focus on the millions these guys are paid rather than market value for their profession. It's really simple. If the last 5 3rd overall picks under the current cba didn't ha

I think he's completely overvalued. I don't see him having the strength & work ethic of Watt. I don't see him having the speed and agility to be a linebacker. He's either a big ass linebacker or a

If he "really loved football" he can go into his backyard and toss the pigskin around.  Where is this romantic notion coming from?  Are you a commie or something? This is America, bucko.  Make your ba

I think he's completely overvalued. I don't see him having the strength & work ethic of Watt. I don't see him having the speed and agility to be a linebacker. He's either a big ass linebacker or a small lineman. His speed size ratio just isn't there for me.

I want my 1st round picks to be hungry for greatness. Bosa only seems to be hungry for a fat rookie deal. He either wants all his sign on now or the ability to double dip later. That's a fucking red flag. 

15 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I think he's completely overvalued. I don't see him having the strength & work ethic of Watt. I don't see him having the speed and agility to be a linebacker. He's either a big ass linebacker or a small lineman. His speed size ratio just isn't there for me.

I want my 1st round picks to be hungry for greatness. Bosa only seems to be hungry for a fat rookie deal. He either wants all his sign on now or the ability to double dip later. That's a fucking red flag. 

What are you talking about??  His "fat rookie deal" is the same as other rookies around his drafted position.  If you think players should not care about money, then you should follow high school football, not the NFL.

7 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

What are you talking about??  His "fat rookie deal" is the same as other rookies around his drafted position.  If you think players should not care about money, then you should follow high school football, not the NFL.

Well, first of all, he was drafted 2 rounds too high. 2nd of all, assuming this offer is true, I'd call this a FAT ROOKIE DEAL:

"An initial signing bonus payment that is larger than any player in the League has received in the last two drafts."

» "More money in this calendar year than every player in this year's draft except one (QB Carson Wentz)."

» "The largest payment and the highest percentage of signing bonus received in the first calendar year of any Chargers' first-round selection since the inception of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (2011)."

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It was a 50/50 split for me. Now I'd put about 80% on Bosa.

He might not like the offset language but it shouldn't matter to him unless he knows he isn't good enough to be retained/kept by SD. Even then, the money should have been more than enough compensation for his my way or highway attitude. 

If he really loved football and wanted to be out there, he would be. He doesn't seem to love it enough for me to want him.

I'm obviously a Bosa hater. I just don't see him destroying pros the way he did the scrubs on his "The" Ohio State schedule. 

His attitude towards these negotiations reminds me of every holdout player who gets injured while the ink is still wet on their new contract after missing camp. 

7 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It was a 50/50 split for me. Now I'd put about 80% on Bosa.

He might not like the offset language but it shouldn't matter to him unless he knows he isn't good enough to be retained/kept by SD. Even then, the money should have been more than enough compensation for his my way or highway attitude. 

If he really loved football and wanted to be out there, he would be. He doesn't seem to love it enough for me to want him.

If he "really loved football" he can go into his backyard and toss the pigskin around.  Where is this romantic notion coming from?  Are you a commie or something? This is America, bucko.  Make your bank.

14 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Well, first of all, he was drafted 2 rounds too high. 2nd of all, assuming this offer is true, I'd call this a FAT ROOKIE DEAL:

"An initial signing bonus payment that is larger than any player in the League has received in the last two drafts."

» "More money in this calendar year than every player in this year's draft except one (QB Carson Wentz)."

» "The largest payment and the highest percentage of signing bonus received in the first calendar year of any Chargers' first-round selection since the inception of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (2011)."

1 - Your opinion of his draft position and what it should be is irrelevant.

2 - Read your quoted selection again.  "...of any CHARGERS' 1st round selection..." The franchise has a history of attempting to screw over all of their picks.  Read up on what they tried with Rivers.

3 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

1 - Your opinion of his draft position and what it should be is irrelevant.

2 - Read your quoted selection again.  "...of any CHARGERS' 1st round selection..." The franchise has a history of attempting to screw over all of their picks.  Read up on what they tried with Rivers.

I'm well aware of all that. I feel like there should be some give and take on both sides of any negotiation or contract. Chargers are giving a ton and made a huge play (risk) in drafting him at the top. Bosa is setting a precedence of giving his employer the middle finger on day one. Not cool. He hasn't given them anything except college tape from a cushy schedule, rushing passers after the score has been run up. 

Nice poll, I've been following this closely as I love him as a player & think it's awesome that he's standing up to the team.

That said, can I suggest getting rid of the 3rd answer of the 3rd question? EVERY team needs an edge rusher, it's impossible to have too many of them. It's the one position, aside from maybe corner, where it makes perfect sense using a premium pick on even if you have 2 very good starters.

Edited by Face

2 minutes ago, Face said:

Nice poll, I've been following this closely as I love him as a player & think it's awesome that he's standing up to the team.

Which part of the Chargers contract proposal do you believe is unfair and worthy of "standing up" to them?

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Which part of the Chargers contract proposal do you believe is unfair and worthy of "standing up" to them?

The 2 main sticking points. Unless somethings changed in the last 24 hours.

35 minutes ago, Face said:

The 2 main sticking points. Unless somethings changed in the last 24 hours.

I understand offset language and the bonus timing the Chargers are proposing are not the "optimal" terms for Bosa but what about those 2 points is actually "unfair" to Bosa?