Official Training Camp Thread

luvyablue256

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:57 AM, Mythos27 said:

Sharpe is 6'2" and looks it. The small hands dropped him but what hurt most was a very mediocre( could even say poor) combine. Basically he didn't have the athletic measurables that a small school prospect needs to grab scouts' eyes at the combine and thus went unnoticed. Where he definitely did stand out were the field drills. He was easily one of the better route runners, tracked the ball effortlessly, made tough catches, and killed the gauntlet. If he were a from a bigger school, the combine wouldn't have mattered as much but their loss is our game. Kid can play.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/tajae-sharpe?id=2555317

Tracking the ball over the shoulder is the most underrated trait a WR can have, it's so important. Nate always had this problem. This is why some guys who aren't great physically are such good deep threats, it's difficult to catch a ball over your shoulder with a DB all over you &  a FS possibly waiting.

Also, as for the combine, I may be wrong but I feel like the kids from the smaller schools may not get the specific training needed to impress at the combine. A lot of these kids train to increase their vert, or the 3 cone, or the bench. It's not necessarily football training, it's training to excel in certain drills. I just don't think the kids from smaller schools, who are going in the  mid rounds, can get this type of training as readily as kids from the Alabama's & USC's. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's actually been a good bit of the normal info on twitter but people just aren't doing a solid dump if it here. I've been considering a daily TC thread instead of an all-encompassing one. Se

Its been a day and a half of Training Camp and we don't look like contenders - EVERYBODY FUCKING PANIC!!!123

Posted Images