I miss the AFC Central

Denali

I miss them too.  Matchups with the Jags and Texans are just boring.  I HATE the Steelers and would hope for them to get destroyed the two weeks we played them, especially when that asshole Cowher was the coach. The Bengals were fun too with Wyche as the head coach.  We had an intense rivalry with the Ravens during the end of the division.

They should have kept the Ravens in the South and moved the Colts to the North.  Indy is the closest NFL city to Cincinnati.  It's also closer to Cleveland than Baltimore is.  At the time that the NFL made the division changes the Ravens biggest rivalry was probably the Titans.  And Baltimore is farther south than Indianapolis.  For that matter so is Cincinnati.

Geographically and at the time rivalry wise it would have made more sense.

Oilers - Steelers games were the best rivalry I can remember. You could count on at least one season ending injury every time we played. One of the things I did not like last year was our lack of physicality.

11 hours ago, Denali said:

So I was hanging out at one of my favorite beer bars tonite and I got to talking to the person next to me and he said was from Indiana.  I asked him if he was a Colts fan and he said he was and I then said I don't like you guys because I'm a Titans fan.  He then very cordially said that he thought we're going to be good.  He was very friendly. 

It was completely embarrassing and disgusting.

You should have insulted his mother and told him A. Luck looks like a Neanderthal.

On 6/18/2016 at 3:11 AM, scine09 said:

They should have kept the Ravens in the South and moved the Colts to the North.  Indy is the closest NFL city to Cincinnati.  It's also closer to Cleveland than Baltimore is.  At the time that the NFL made the division changes the Ravens biggest rivalry was probably the Titans.  And Baltimore is farther south than Indianapolis.  For that matter so is Cincinnati.

The biggest joke of re-alignment was allowing Dallas to remain in the NFC East.

On June 17, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Denali said:

Those were the days.  Intense hatred.  Lots of fights.  Uncivilized behavior, even during the post game handshakes.

And the teams all had an identity.  It was all blue collar to the max.  The Rust Belt teams to the North, and the Oilers from the South invading those Yankee pukes.

It was glorious.  It was beautiful.

Absolutely loved the central.  I've hated this division since its inception. Actually it would make a hell of a lot more sense for us to flip conferences to the NFC South. We are a great fit for that division. We seem like an NFC South team to me. 

Edited by Tim

4 hours ago, wtenn said:

The biggest joke of re-alignment was allowing Dallas to remain in the NFC East.

They had to do that.  They couldn't break up those rivalries.

The Titans had more of a rivalry with the Steelers, Bengals and Browns though than the Ravens did just from their years together in the AFC Central.  Using the logic with the Cowboys, although the Oilers/Titans were never as big as the Cowboys, they should have kept the Titans in the AFC North and had Baltimore play in the AFC South.  The core of that division was Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Tennessee.

Steelers actually had a bigger rivalry with the Browns.   Things might have changed since the move to Baltimore, and the Browns sucking ever since.    I hated the Ravens more than I ever hated the Steelers.    And as someone mentioned, some of the years with the Bengals under Wyche was intense. 

13 hours ago, scine09 said:

They had to do that.  They couldn't break up those rivalries.

The Titans had more of a rivalry with the Steelers, Bengals and Browns though than the Ravens did just from their years together in the AFC Central.  Using the logic with the Cowboys, although the Oilers/Titans were never as big as the Cowboys, they should have kept the Titans in the AFC North and had Baltimore play in the AFC South.  The core of that division was Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Tennessee.

I don't remember but I'm sure you do :) was Cleveland awarded a new franchise prior to realignment?

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I don't remember but I'm sure you do :) was Cleveland awarded a new franchise prior to realignment?

Cleveland began in 1999 and realignment happened in 2002.  So yes.

17 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Steelers actually had a bigger rivalry with the Browns.   Things might have changed since the move to Baltimore, and the Browns sucking ever since.    I hated the Ravens more than I ever hated the Steelers.    And as someone mentioned, some of the years with the Bengals under Wyche was intense. 

I think all things being equal the Browns are the Steelers biggest rivalry.  It's just that the Browns have been so bad that it hasn't really materialized lately.  But I think that's probably one of the 10 biggest rivalries in the NFL.

On 6/19/2016 at 1:37 AM, Denali said:

So I was hanging out at one of my favorite beer bars tonite and I got to talking to the person next to me and he said was from Indiana.  I asked him if he was a Colts fan and he said he was and I then said I don't like you guys because I'm a Titans fan.  He then very cordially said that he thought we're going to be good.  He was very friendly. 

It was completely embarrassing and disgusting.

Every time i go to the grocery i have to listen to this obnoxious 20 year old kid talk nonstop about the Indy Colts. It all started about four years ago i walked in with my jersey on as the game was winding down i had to listen to this fucker run his mouth about how the Colts were superior to us. I finally asked the bastard how come he roots for Indy and how come he doesn't root for the home state team? Anyway i can't wait until we beat those punks it is definitely coming.

On 6/18/2016 at 3:11 AM, scine09 said:

Agreed. I would do anything to have Baltimore in our division and Indy moved to the north. They definitely should've done it back in 2002.