Can Jeff Fisher catch Tom Landry?

What's amazing, is a guy with his mediocre record had two teams getting in a bidding war for his out-dated way of running an NFL team. Miami lucked out and didn't get him and his pompous attitude. Could be running out of time to set this highly coveted record of failure...but given time, Jeff will prevail!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Landry still holds the NFL record for games lost as a head coach (178, including the playoffs). Fisher has lost 162 games with the Titans and Rams, if/when he loses 16 more in LA he will be tied

Being mentioned in the same breath as Tom Landry would be a defining moment for any NFL head coach, wouldn't it?

That day is coming soon and will be a defining moment of his career.   

On 5/21/2016 at 0:59 AM, hazzed said:

200 That's more then 12 seasons of losing every single game. That is hard to do most coaches are long gone before that.

I've always said he's the best coach in NFL history at not getting fired.

On 5/22/2016 at 8:06 AM, wtenn said:

It is a shining testament to Fisher's staying power.  It just shows that he has been allowed to remain in coaching longer than any other coach who is not a consistent winner.  That said, he will be lucky to survive past this season in LA, unless they make a playoff run.  Kroenke will see their situation in LA as being very desirable for potential coaches and he will likely want to make a splash.  Who knows if anyone gives Fisher the one more chance needed, post-LA, which would allow him to claim Landy's record?

I don't know. I think Jeff may have landed in the ideal situation. It would be hard to find a city that gives less of a shit about NFL football than L.A.

On May 21, 2016 at 9:03 AM, begooode said:

Just a bit of context, 14 game seasons until 1978 and Fisher coached in a league geared towards parity.

Less parity also means it was easier for Shula to win. 

According to profootballreference.com, Fisher's had 2 playoff appearances in the last 10 seasons. He's had 9 or more wins in only 6 of his 20 seasons as a HC; 6 playoff appearances in 20 seasons.

Just like any NFL HC, Fisher is his record.

On 5/21/2016 at 11:59 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Landry still holds the NFL record for games lost as a head coach (178, including the playoffs).

Fisher has lost 162 games with the Titans and Rams, if/when he loses 16 more in LA he will be tied with Landry.

I'm sure he will be fired after he goes 4-12 this year. I have them winning 3.5 games.  We will have a top five pick again for sure. Book it. Playoffs 2017. Book that too muthafuggah

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'm sure he will be fired after he goes 4-12 this year. I have them winning 3.5 games.  We will have a top five pick again for sure. Book it. Playoffs 2017. Book that too muthafuggah

So Fisher has a tie in the regular season finale before getting canned and never coaching again?

Fitting way to go out.

16 hours ago, OhNoMularkey said:

Fisher's had 2 playoff appearances in the last 10 seasons. He's had 9 or more wins in only 6 of his 20 seasons as a HC

He has had double-digit losses in only 4 of those seasons as well. None of his teams were ever as bad as the Titans the last 2 years.