Ben Roberts...aka Drew Bennett reincarnated?

With the news of Mettenberger getting released came the note that former Montana WR Ben Roberts has been signed.

For more info read this: http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/griz-wr-ben-roberts-gets-free-agent-deal-with-nfl/article_2c2ee250-78ea-51b3-bf73-1c4274ad8bed.html

Roberts was a graduate transfer this year for Montana after playing four years for the Washington State Cougar baseball team. He is 6-4, 215 lbs.

This year he had 66 catches, for 649 yards and 5 touchdowns in his only year of College Football. I think he definitely could have some untapped potential. He was drafted in seventh round of the MLB draft in 2011 by the Arizona Diamondback, but opted to go to WSU instead.

What do you think? I think he definitely gets an extended look in camp and he obviously impressed them enough for them to decide he was worth a roster spot more than Mett.

I make the comparison to Drew Bennett because he is a huge target who is very raw (Bennett was a QB at UCLA) and went undrafted. 

460x.jpgdrew-bennett-of-the-tennessee-titans-cat

Who knows but Bennett was one of my favorite Titans. I always thought he could've had some big years but he had bad timing, just when he hit his peak McNair lost it physically & then he had a developing VY at QB & some injuries. He was everything Hunter isn't at high pointing deep balls, he was excellent at it.

Both tall, lanky white guys wearing 83, UDFA, with almost no one thinking they will make the team. So far, there's an analogy, but until he starts shining during preseason, it's hard to make a full comparison.

Archived